Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs. Steelers (Pre-Season Game #2)

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
    he knows the whole playbook already cuz hes been with us forever
    don't keep thinking that dude because this is a new team with new coaches and playbook. Don't make excuses for how a guy throws a ball..... If it's the intent to keep 3 QB's then they need to give the ball to someone else
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    This game made me sick. Fortunately it's pre-season though.

Starter
    So our defense didn't look to good then?

Rookie Free Agent
    sorry u guys lost
    at least its only pre season right
    whew

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i know it doesn't mean anything

but reed has the longest kick in hienz field of 50 yards

well today rookie mason crosby from colorado, who is a ****ing monster, kicked a 52 yard field goal........... we should've drafted him instead of mcbean
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Rookie Free Agent
    its not that it means nothing its just not as bad as it could be

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    oh i wasn't talking about the game, i was talking about mason crosby kicking and making a 52 yard field goal.......... jeff reed holds the record of 50 yards

for preseason games i think only the first half matters, the second half is just for evaluation of the scrubs lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Hasn't Green Bay had their 2nd string QB in almost the entire game? But our defense looks shiatty! Good to see Nate holding onto the ball!!!
    Actually it was like their starting QB. They drafted him as a first round pick about 3-4 years ago, the only reason he hasn't been the starter is because Greenbay has a Hall Of Famer in front of him who just won't retire. I understood why they cameback at the end of the game
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Waterboy

Packer vs Steelers wrap up

Hello to my friends here.

So I thought I would swing by and throw out an assessment on the game between our two clubs.

Steelers Offense.

I am wondering why Ben got so little work. He was being pressured a lot and I think that had a lot to do with it. Davenpoop seemed to be running the ball OK. I think once Parker returns you guys are going to be fine in the running game. The passing game looked a little suspect with Ben, but hell its pre-season.

Charlie Batch seemed to do a lot better and I think he has our back-up secondary to thank for that. He does throw a nice ball and is a nice back-up for you guys.

After Batch your QB sucks I have to say.

Packers Offense

Did nothing at all. In fact neither starting QB did much of anything. Favre wasn't sacked or picked off so that is good. I do hate blitzes in the preseason though and those totally f$#%ed us up as our young RBs are still learning protections and what not. Brandon Jackson didn't really get much going, but I actually think he is going to be good. James Jones looks like a nice WR for the Packers. IF they have Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and James Jones as their starting three I like that.

Aaron Rodgers got a lot of time in this game and I thought he looked pretty sharp actually. I would credit him with getting the win in the second half.

Steeler Defense

I thought the starters looked good. Your Lbers are great in space and make nice plays against the passing game. I think this Steelers team is not as deep as it once was. That or the Packers are much deeper, which could be the case, but I thought the packers 2nd and 3rd string teams were quite a bit better. Of course the Packers have drafted 35 players in the last 3 years so you would hope we are deep. They totally shut down Favre, but I think the 2 blitzes against our offense helped.

Packers Defense

I think our front seven look great. Jenkins and Kampman were all over Big Ben. We also got three sacks and a turnover. Our secondary was exploited, but it also was without any starting player so I think once they are back in the Packers have a nice chance of having a top ten defense this year. They played without their starting safety and without corners Charles Woodson and Al Harris who would not have allowed some of the plays Batch made. I was very happy with this unit.

All and all it matters very little. I thought our D did a nice job though considering how effective PITT was against the Saints and how they already had played a preseason game and this was the Packers first.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Packer Addict; 08-13-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I think you habve Batch a little under rated. Batch was doing fine. I think he should have gotten another series out of the game. And Aaron Rodgers looked pretty good versus our 3rd and 4th stringers.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information