Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Growl Towel (email from a friend in J'ville)

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Amazed

The Growl Towel (email from a friend in J'ville)

Oh yes, one final comment. Here in Jacksonville, these ridiculous Jaguars who tried so hard to keep us out of their stadium for next week’s game, seem to have gone from Jaguar cats to COPY CATS. By that I mean I was in a Winn-Dixie store last night, and on sale they have what they are calling the “GROWL TOWEL.” It’s a RIP-OFF of our Terrible Towel and like the Colts and other teams before them, they are simply jealous of our novelty and are obviously looking ahead to the feared Terrible Towel that will be flying in their stadium next Monday and apparently are trying to come up with a way to do one better and make our towels less obvious. I say couldn’t they come up with a better novelty than that rather than seem like copy cats? Pathetic. SO IF YOU ARE COMING TO THE GAME NEXT MONDAY, MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR TERRIBLE TOWEL, AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE ONE, GET ONE!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    WHat aholes

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    That stinks they are being stupid like that but I think if you ask anyone from any place they'll be able to tell you where the original towel is from
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

House of Steel
    Shouldn't there be a copyright trademark on our Terrible Towel that should prevent other teams from taking Myron Cope's idea and trashing it??? I mean there has to be a clause where other teams found duplicating the idea to be heavily fined and such. That is an insult.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Teams have been trying to copy our Terrible Towel forever. I remember when Bam Morris played with the ratbirds, he made some "ravens rags" for the fans to twirl around whenever we played them. What a joke !! Nothing can compete with the Terrible Towel !

Indy did the same thing during the playoffs last year with their stupid little whitetowels... I guess they came in handy though after the game for wiping away those tears It's even funnier when you think about waving a white towel because that usually means "I surrender!"

I think the only thing that can be trademarked is the "Terrible Towel" the whole concept of twirling the towel though can't be...

The towel can be imitated but never duplicated!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    Indy did the same thing during the playoffs last year with their stupid little whitetowels... I guess they came in handy though after the game for wiping away those tears!
    Awww come on, man, that's cliche by now and sooo irritating when other teams say that about our towel mostly because it's so silly and obvious.

Now the surrender thing.. that's a bit better.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk
    Awww come on, man, that's cliche by now and sooo irritating when other teams say that about our towel mostly because it's so silly and obvious.

Now the surrender thing.. that's a bit better.
    I think we saw a few Indy Fans raise the white flag in surrender when Ben made that tackle, I heard a lot of moaning and griping when that happened.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Everybody knows we were the originals , and the Terrible Towel is an icon. It means something to the city and the players...not just some stupid white or blue towel that has a team logo on it.

Not even the name is original...

Thread Information