Thread: Stingy D

Bookmark and Share

Stingy D

Last nights performance of the first team D was again superb. Looking fast strong and healthy agains a subpar Packers O. Las nights accomplishment of holding Green Bays covetted Brett Favre to O thats righ 0 first downs. Although lacking big play enthusiasm ( Inters , Fumbles and again NO SACKS ) First team D still looked poised and settled in for what should be an awesome season. Dick Lebeau is at it again havin Kesiel line up almost at corner and sending again Woodley back in to coverage created just enough confusion for Favre and company. Again D did very well agains the run and broke up a few good Third Down pass plays. As its looking now it asid from abstaining any injuries this defense looks to be as exciting as weve known to come and love for years. Those sacks will come and when thy do it will be raining LBs.

My Mood
    Smokin
    well I am finally getting to watch it right now!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Im sorry I forget sometimes not all of us live in Pittsburgh or some of you guys watch it on tape. I hope I didnt spoil any surprises for anyone

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    Im sorry I forget sometimes not all of us live in Pittsburgh or some of you guys watch it on tape. I hope I didnt spoil any surprises for anyone
    no not at all...i got all the updates on here lastnight..plus I watched play by play online...so I know what happened I just want to see it...I got stuck watching the clowns game here!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Looking at the stats from the game as me even more excited about this defense. I'm really liking the secondary and I think they have a chance of being one of the bst in the league this season.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Thats great the D is looking good but LeBeau needs to start unleashing them a bit, we have no sacks in 2 games. I would really like to see the other QB's eating turf instead of ours.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

The one thing I liked about the Defense last night was the fact that they play as a whole and not just for themselves. When the whole defense believes in a system(ex.Baltimore) and know they have certain things to do in every play to offset the offense your going to shut down anyone.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    The one thing I liked about the Defense last night was the fact that they play as a whole and not just for themselves. When the whole defense believes in a system(ex.Baltimore) and know they have certain things to do in every play to offset the offense your going to shut down anyone.
    As opposed to last year when everybody was out and playing like a bunch of guys who didn't care the first half of the season. The defense you're talking about was the defense that we saw most of the time in the Cowher era and the one that we saw during the Super Bowl run 2 years ago...I can't wait to see that defense come back and by all accounts so far they definitely seem to be focused and headed in that direction so it's going to be awesome to watch !

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Thats great the D is looking good but LeBeau needs to start unleashing them a bit, we have no sacks in 2 games. I would really like to see the other QB's eating turf instead of ours.
    u probaly wont see too many sacks during the rest of preseason either
    LeBeau wont unleash his full defense until the last or maybe the second to last game
    right now hes running a base defense so future opponents dont have time to study it and prepare

but come week one we should see some sacks especially since its against tht stains oline

Hell an easy way to explain it is just like running a route if you don't run your route and take that defender where that play was designed for him to go it's either a pick or you will get the other receiver killed lol. I was guilty of that in highschool I didn't take the safety with me and led him right to my teammate. He took the hit in the second quarter, he didn't really come around until we were an hour from home. The drive was about 3 hours! I never did it again.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information