Thread: Could it be:

Bookmark and Share

Could it be:

I hear alot of people asking where the TE's are at this preseason. I too am wondering WTH is with it. Could it possibly be we don't want to give away too much film on our new plans??

I just watched the game from last night, I didn't think our 2nd and 3rd string boys too bad considering the Pack-hards were play what should be a starting QB most of the game and their new RB, just my .02...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think we will see the TE's more this upcoming game. I really would like to see what Spaeth can do.

IMO I'm thinking they don't want to give away to much in the preseason. They are probably just running basic stuff looking to get timing down and see how people execute. Once the season starts they will start running the plays on page 2

ya but keep in mind we have 5 games.....we might just be pacing ourselves, working on specific things each week....last week was the new runningbacks and proving to us that barlow is a bitch, this week was mixing up the line and reminding us how much trouble we are in in ben and batch both die

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    IMO I'm thinking they don't want to give away to much in the preseason. They are probably just running basic stuff looking to get timing down and see how people execute. Once the season starts they will start running the plays on page 2

Amen, I hope the hell so...

Yes, Barlow is and should be history!!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    with the O-line we have Ben is going to set a league record in rushing....
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ya but keep in mind we have 5 games.....we might just be pacing ourselves, working on specific things each week....last week was the new runningbacks and proving to us that barlow is a bitch, this week was mixing up the line and reminding us how much trouble we are in in ben and batch both die
    Thats what I'm thinking...a little somethin, somethin every week, maybe last game we let loose the dogs of war.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Preseason games are all vanilla offense no matter what type of O that you run. The offense that Bruce wants to run relies on the TE a lot so I suspect we'll see a lot of it in the coming weeks. However though keep in mind that Heath is a lock for the team. Spaeth is as well so right now the only fight is between Dekker and Tuman for the 3rd TE spot. I'd like to see more of Spaeth and he needs the experience for sure but Im not worried about their lack of work in the game plan just yet.

Yeah they gave us a glimpse of the no huddle this week. Maybe we will see some more things happen later on and when first team O plays a little more. Also tight ends make great decoys look for some of that too I dont expect Ariens to be so basic. Also I thought I saw a few plays where tight ends wernt open so much and just used as saftey valves

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    How much have the starters played anyway so far? Not much.......So really there hasn't been many times were Miller and Spaeth have been on the field at the same time so far...Plus its pre-season.....Don't want to tip your hand to much......

Thread Information