Thread: we hurt the Saints so bad..........

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

we hurt the Saints so bad..........

That their coach is making them do double time

The New Orleans Saints got an unscheduled surprise Tuesday when they returned to the practice fields for the first time since a 20-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night.The Saints were scheduled to have a morning walkthrough emphasizing special teams before a full practice in the afternoon. But coach Sean Payton changed the plans and had them work twice under a blazing sun with the morning practice in full pads and afternoon in helmets and shorts.
    “I mentioned to the team after (morning) practice that our job is to put them in situations that are game-like,” said Payton, whose team plays its second exhibition game on Friday night against Buffalo in the Superdome.
    “I think we felt as a whole and the players felt that we need a good week of practice with a short week,” he said. “I’m going to have to back off because of the game on Friday. If it was going to happen, it was going to be today. It was a tough practice with goal-line installation. That’s one thing about it that is hard with a walkthrough.”
    In the afternoon practice, it felt much hotter than the official temperature of 95 degrees with a heat index of 104. But Payton said he was pleased with how his team bounced back from the sluggish performance against the Steelers.
    “It was hot today and this morning’s practice was pretty tough,” he said.
    “Obviously, it’s a time where guys kind of have to switch modes and get their minds right in preparation for this week’s game,” quarterback Drew Brees said. “We want to come out and play well. Obviously, we want to redeem ourselves a little bit after our game against Pittsburgh.”
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Well at least they realize even though it was a preseason game, that they got their asses handed to them.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

POKER LEGEND

The Steelers were definately more prepared for the game!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

I don't think it was the loss that bothered Peyton as much as the WAY they lost. They played poorly throughout the game.

While it's hard to gauge one's own progress when you play a sloppy team, I was encouraged by Peyton's comments of, "They were just more physical than us".

Football..........Pittsburgh style!

I was telling my Trucker friend after the game,,,,,,,,,,
    That I really feel sorry for them boys,there gonna get there asses worked off
    all week ~~~~~

Starter
    Give em a break coach, after all it was the Steelers they were playing

Thread Information