Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glad they decided to play the game out.

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Glad they decided to play the game out.

Before the game all of the "experts" on NFL network predicted a Saints win. They summized that with the coaching changes and the loss of Joey Porter that the Steelers were supposed to struggle trying to find their identity. The Saints on the other hand who played in the NFC championship game were getting all the props. Highest scoring offense, Brees one of the highest rated passers, Bush set to have a breakout season etc.,etc.,etc.,

Well, I am glad they decided to go ahead and play out the game anyway even though it was a foregone conclusion that the Saints would win.

It so upset the experts that they looked like fools, that they dig up some obscure fact that the winner of the HOF game has never won the SB. Is that why the Saints tanked the game? Didn't want to ruin their chances? Give me a break! A 6th seed had never won the superbowl before either until we did it 2 years ago.

You know that their is some bias when Collinsworth has more kind words for your team than all the other guys combined.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    It so upset the experts that they looked like fools, that they dig up some obscure fact that the winner of the HOF game has never won the SB. Is that why the Saints tanked the game? Didn't want to ruin their chances? Give me a break! A 6th seed had never won the superbowl before either until we did it 2 years ago.

You know that their is some bias when Collinsworth has more kind words for your team than all the other guys combined.
    I saw that crap too and I couldn't believe it! You know how much time they waisted researching that info! If any team can be the first to do something it's the Steelers!!!!

Collinsworthless and Gumball cannot carry a game. Not that they are not knowledgable, Neckworth was a heck of a reciever, just seemed like a 3rd rate effort.
    Yeah, it's preseason, and irrelivant, but IT IS THE FIRST KICKOFF OF THE SEASON! WE'VE WAITED ALL SUMMER FOR THIS! GO STEELERS!!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Angry
    The NFL Network shouldn't be allowed to broadcast games.....PERIOD.
    I couldn't believe how Bryant Gumball and Chris Collinsworth literally neglected to cover the game for the better part of 5+ minutes while they chose to swing from the testicles of Michael Irvin when he came to visit in the booth.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    The NFL Network shouldn't be allowed to broadcast games.....PERIOD.
    I couldn't believe how Bryant Gumball and Chris Collinsworth literally neglected to cover the game for the better part of 5+ minutes while they chose to swing from the testicles of Michael Irvin when he came to visit in the booth.
    That pissed me off too! A couple times the camera's were on Collinsworth and Gumbel while the play was ready to resume, as if anybody would rather be watching these clowns. Then they ran a couple plays with the game in the smaller picture in a picture mode so they could keep the camera's on the idiots in the booth. Just shameful!

Yeah, NFL network needs to watch the networks do a game and learn how to do it. They sucked!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

IMO... the NFLN shouldn't be broadcasting games anyways. If you think about it, those who have cable have to buy a "special" package to get the NFLN so in a way it's kind of like a cheap pay-per-view but you get the channel for the whole month. I'm not a big fan of the NFLN just because I don't have it and I don't feel like I should have to pay for it either!!!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Chris "I hate the Steelers" C. should be only allowed to call Steeler games if the Bus is in the booth with him so he can be put in his place from time to time

I didn't see anyone call the game, all I seen was the crack pipe mike love fest.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    So basically, you guys are saying don't waste your time on the Network and just go straight for the Sunday Ticket.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    While I agree that they were slobbing all over the Saints prior to kickoff, I've got to say .... for the first time ever ...... Collinsworth had plenty of good things to say about Tomlin and the Steelers yesterday.

Thread Information