Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Bad Ben

Bookmark and Share
    I was thoroughly impressed with Big Ben. He had 3 of 3 perfect passes (one dropped). On the record, he had 2 of 3 perfect passes. I know it was just one series, but I'm excited about what I saw with Ben, the line and the receivers (especially Wilson, who woulda thunk it?!). He looked comfortable and completely in control. I think/hope he will be able to continue this throughout the year.

I also thought the rest of the team played well. The second and third team offense and defense played pretty well(with the exception of Fife's TD drive). Overall it was a good day and gives reason for Steelers fans everywhere to be optimistic.

I do wish we could've seen some more of that TE use we've all been hearing about though.

If we could just get Reid to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! we'll be ok this year.

Sig by BR7

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by RckyMtnStlrFan View Post
    ...I'm excited about what I saw with Ben, the line and the receivers (especially Wilson, who woulda thunk it?!).
    I KNOW!! I do (did) NOT wanna like Wilson--I don't know what it is about him, but there's just somethin that doesn't sit well with me. But he DID do well in that game, so I'll give credit where it's due

I do wish we could've seen some more of that TE use we've all been hearing about though.
    Maybe they don't wanna give away too many plays in the pre-season--you know, keep some plays back for the regular season that other teams won't be able to prepare for? But I'd like to see some myself

If we could just get Reid to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! we'll be ok this year.
    Looks like we need NATE to HOLD ONTO THE BALL too! That kid is gonna drive me to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I know what you're saying... when he is confident or has his back against the wall and needs to lead his team down the field you can almost always count on him because he delivers! There is something about him and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan. Putting all colors aside and watching him as a critic when he is under pressure and the game is on the line Big Ben is at his best!

I truly believe we have something special in Big Ben. This is how dynasties start. Secure him with the talent he deserves around him.

I LOVE THIS GAME
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by GoBenGo View Post

I truly believe we have something special in Big Ben. This is how dynasties start. Secure him with the talent he deserves around him.

I LOVE THIS GAME
    But I thought we've already surrounded him with so much talent that went 6-10 the season prior to his arrival that he was literally carried to a Super Bowl victory by the refs!

And apparently we've lost all our talent since! Who knew that Jerome Bettis, Chris Hope, Antwaan Randle El and Joey Porter were the only talented players on a team loaded with talent that enabled the refs to carry Ben Roethlisberger to Super Bowl glory in spite of finishing 6-10 the year before his arrival! (I mean the team loaded with talent finished 6-10, not the refs. Sorry.)

Jerome Bettis must've had the hand of God or something, in order to make such hacks like Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior and Troy Polamalu look any good.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    But I thought we've already surrounded him with so much talent that went 6-10 the season prior to his arrival that he was literally carried to a Super Bowl victory by the refs!

And apparently we've lost all our talent since! Who knew that Jerome Bettis, Chris Hope, Antwaan Randle El and Joey Porter were the only talented players on a team loaded with talent that enabled the refs to carry Ben Roethlisberger to Super Bowl glory in spite of finishing 6-10 the year before his arrival! (I mean the team loaded with talent finished 6-10, not the refs. Sorry.)

Jerome Bettis must've had the hand of God or something, in order to make such hacks like Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior and Troy Polamalu look any good.
    Have you been hanging around too many whiny Bengal fans????!!!!! You have no idea how many times I've heard that drivel.

Waterboy

lol great post - well said!

Man, your way off. Yes there was talent then , obviously. All we can ask, as fans, is that the powers that be make good decisions on signing and keeping a stable of athletes for long term success.
    I love the Steelers, not just because they are good, but for what they represent. Hard work, determination, humility, and that joe lunchbox attitude that reflects the integrity of what this nation was built on. 4 Coaches, 1 owner, no expansion team, no controverted history, no scandal, no vicks, and no T.O's!. Good people with good values.
    Sign and secure that talent ( now, then, whenever) and you build that foundation

In case some of you didn't realize, my post was supposed to be sarcasm.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

yep , I get sarcasm. that wasn't my point, which you missed,

...twice. thankx for playing Nate.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    In case some of you didn't realize, my post was supposed to be sarcasm.
    I assumed it was sarcasm......what's funny to me is that you exact quoted conversations I've had around here in Cincy! Good one!

Thread Information