Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilson backs up his whining...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Cedrick Wilson looked pretty good early on tonite. I know we have a few haters (more now since he whined to the press, which worked), but I think he made a statement tonite.
    hater is an understatement and i will be first to step up and be president of the club
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCVET View Post
    Wilson 4 for 99 yds. Not too bad!!! Looks to be worth his $1.9 mill.
    4 catches.....including a 51 yard bomb against horrible new orleans DBs isnt

exactly worth 2 million dollars for a mediocre #4 WR

Nate and Reid should be worried about Walter Young.
    wow not so much, this is an example of putting way to much stock into a preseason game, the very first one at that

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Way too much criticism for Ced on this board. The dude is a "gamer" ... .he wants some action! You can't blame a WR for that ....

Ced runs excellent routes, has great hands, and is money in clutch situations.
    lol "gamer"

and i'll give you the routes, but great hands and clutch situations makes me laugh.....he made one catch in his life and he was 20 yards open on that flea flicker play against cincy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post

I'm on the fence when it comes to Wilson. If he continues to perform like he did in the HOF game then Santonio will have some competition and will NEED to earn that #2 spot... Santonio didn't look bad either though
    santonio is #2.....

this whole thread makes me sick, i kinda want to punch a baby reading all this love for the way overpaid mediocre scrub of a WR....just preseason people and the saints defense is sorry, he made a few plays but doing that in a meaningless game doesnt make up for 2 years of expensive disappointment

Tailgate Coordinator
    He sure did, while my boy Nate laid an egg.

I'm A "Champion"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    He sure did, while my boy Nate laid an egg.
    I hope Nate rebounds this week.....I like Nate Washington so much and I want him to have success....I always root for the small school guys like Nate....But those two drops just can't happen especially in a pre-season game...Both were easy catches....Hopefully Nate steps up this week.....As for Wilson.....I wouldn't mind seeing him cut...But if he plays well thats just great for the Steelers and I hope he keeps it up....

i dunno, i dont think the second one was an easy one, he was in heavy traffic and batch kinda was setting him up to die....give the dude a break, he'll come through...hes not the toughest dude obviously but he can sure as hell stretch the field

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dunno, i dont think the second one was an easy one, he was in heavy traffic and batch kinda was setting him up to die....give the dude a break, he'll come through...hes not the toughest dude obviously but he can sure as hell stretch the field
    James Jett the former Raiders WR could also stretch the field....but he wasn't a very good overall WR...... Whats the use of having a guy that can stretch the field if he can't hold onto the ball?

You mention the heavy traffic with the second drop....Thats my main complete with Nate....You're in the NFL son you're going to receive contact at times when catching a pass and you have to hold onto the rock.....That second drop was just a repeat of last year...lol The first drop was just bad....

I think we both know that Nate has talent and has the potential to be a very good NFL WR.....Even Ben seems to think so....He is constantly pimp'in Nate....

If these young guys step up that means you will get your wish and Ced Wilson will be gone...lol......I wouldn't mind seeing that myself but if Ced plays well I'm all for that to since he will only help the Steelers cause by playing well.

Its only one pre-season game so you can't read to much in Wilson having a good game or Nate's two drops....I just rather see Nate play well then Ced...lol

Waterboy
    So could Ike Taylor.

Don't take me wrong. I REALLY like Nate and root for him to succeed.

But you even gave a 3rd example of when Wilson came through in a game.

I like Sheldon and Rasheed also.
    But for this season, I gotta go with the $1.9mill to keep Cedric on.

im gonna let you guys in on something, i hate cedric wilson lol

but he can stretch the field, and he can play....i know theres inconsistancy....but willie wasnt the most consistant player when he got his shot.....nate isnt good over the middle....but neither is randy moss so.....some WR are like that...he'll get better. Hes very fast and plays like hes 9 feet tall so the potential is there, i have faith our coaches will end up bringing out the best of him......damn i hate cedric wilson
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCVET View Post
    So could Ike Taylor.

Don't take me wrong. I REALLY like Nate and root for him to succeed.

But you even gave a 3rd example of when Wilson came through in a game.

I like Sheldon and Rasheed also.
    But for this season, I gotta go with the $1.9mill to keep Cedric on.
    wilson sucks, and yes he came through in a game ONCE....and he had 20 YARDS based on a trick play, ben even said hines was just as wide open but he felt sorry for cedrics sorry pathetic ***.....just not in so many words lol
    Last edited by K Train; 08-07-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Mad

but he can stretch the field, and he can play....i know theres inconsistancy....but willie wasnt the most consistant player when he got his shot.....nate isnt good over the middle....but neither is randy moss so.....some WR are like that...he'll get better. Hes very fast and plays like hes 9 feet tall so the potential is there, i have faith our coaches will end up bringing out the best of him......damn i hate cedric wilson
    Yea Randy Moss only can go deep and he has been that type of player his whole career....But he also had 18 TD seasons....I don't think Nate will ever have that type of production....Personally I just don't want Nate to become a a guy that just stretches the field....I would like to see him become a complete WR and work on all areas of his game.....I'm not giving up on Nate by no means.....Just hope he steps it up......I know he can play....Players from Tiffin don't make it in the NFL...lol So far Nate has shown he belongs in the NFL....Now its time for him to take it to the next level...

You hate Ced Wilson since when?
    [AutoMerged Post Below]

[AutoMerged Post Below]

wilson sucks, and yes he came through in a game ONCE....and he had 20 YARDS based on a trick play, ben even said hines was just as wide open but he felt sorry for cedrics sorry pathetic ***.....just not in so many words lol
    Wilson also played well in the AFC title game vs the Broncos....But the 2005 play-offs is the only time Wilson has produced since he has been with the Steelers.......

His regular season stats just suck...Only 1 TD in two years...lol
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 08-07-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Waterboy
    Don't get hung up on Cedrics numbers.

He pissed Ben off numerous times with his antics. Even on Prime Time TV during a game.

Ben wouldn't give him the time of day last year and even part of the year before.

I think they're attempting to mend the fence. Wilson realizes that Ben will ultimately make or break his career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...lerscamp080707

"I can't help if the quarterback doesn't throw me the ball," Wilson told the paper. "I'm running my routes, I'm doing the right things. You can't help if the quarterback doesn't throw you the ball."

Some took that as a shot at Roethlisberger, who pulled Wilson aside before Sunday's game and said, "Be ready. I'm coming to you."

And Roethlisberger did go to Wilson. After the game, the receiver insisted his comments were about taking his place as a fixture in the scheme, and not about Roethlisberger.

And I don't need to be told about Nate's potential. I've seen and know what he's capable of. That's the difference right now. Capability vs reliability.
    Last edited by USMCVET; 08-07-2007 at 11:10 PM. Reason: internet connection or site problems

Ceds a pro he will make the team but lets face it with HInes and Santonio and a possible Pittsburgh Baker hes not going to get the crazy amounts of balls hes lookin for. but yes he Will show UP and He WILL make an impact on the team

Thread Information