Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Special Teams & Reid

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Preseason Special Teams & Reid

Preseason special teams usually leave much to be desired. You have all these rookies and backups all out there trying to make the team and it tends to be a lot of helter skelter out there so if the coverage teams aren't up to snuff especially early on don't get too worried.

That being said Reid better learn how to hold onto that damn ball. He fumbled twice in the 1st quarter of the game. We don't need another Coc out there.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You're so right Top.......Reid didn't have a good night with returns tonight....He muffed one and then had a near fumble after a return.....He needs to step up.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    One thing that Koopa touched on in the game day thread...if Reid is going to be the man for us he needs to be in there all night long or atleast most of it. The more reps he gets the better because we can't have this fumbling stuff again this year, it was just a killer last year.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    One thing that Koopa touched on in the game day thread...if Reid is going to be the man for us he needs to be in there all night long or atleast most of it. The more reps he gets the better because we can't have this fumbling stuff again this year, it was just a killer last year.
    Oh I agree Reid needs to take all/most of the reps in the pre-season.......I didn't understand at all why Wilson took over on punt returns...But Reid needs to get his act together quick....This is what he was drafted for....I like his potential and I think he can be great as a return man but he has to hold onto the pigskin....

On the upside, Sepulveda looked impressive....IMHO.

Waterboy
    othr than reids fumbles, i thought the STeams looked ok.........the coverage units were way better than at any point last yr imo

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was really disappointed in Willie Reid's performance. He needed to come out big and he didn't.

Heard on Sirius ,,,,,,,,,,,

Tomlin is really big on special teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,He will cut into special team drills
    in the middle of practice !

We all know how much we need to improve our special teams & the way it sounds,Tomlin is going to do that ~~~~

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree with Reid should be in there as much as possible. This will be his first year being the return man, its not a easy job to begin with. Especially on PR's, where he is back there by himself.....I wonder if Tomlin practices ST's with having the return guy hear footsteps before he catches the ball. He needs to be put in pressure situations so he quits dropping the ball.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    As far as D-Sep goes, yeah he had a ****** average (37.3) but he banged 2 inside the 20, thats why we drafted him.
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 08-06-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Waterboy
    At this point, I'd take a TRASH CAN on kick returns.

One of those with a flipper lid on it.

Thread Information