Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts on the game from section 537

Bookmark and Share

Random thoughts on the game from section 537

Rascal Flats (sp?). They could've been playing Black Sabbath songs for all I know...the sound was horrible in the stadium.

Fans were GREAT!

Dolphins fans in attendance that I saw were very respectful, especially of the opening ceremony celebrating the great players from the Super Bowl wins. One or two exceptions...

The light show was cool from the seats...don't know how it played on TV.

The Steelers played fundamentally conservative football. Run to set up the pass, and bend don't break defense. If Ben was in, they would have had a different gameplan.

The Dolphins played surprisingly NON conservative. Mularkey must have some nice pull with Saban. They passed early and often, and even deep in their own territory.

Steelers wore the wrong cleats. The visiting team should NEVER slip less on your home turf than the home team.

Willie Parker is going to be an every down back, and, barring injury, break Foster's rushing record. Even when the Fins had the play sniffed out, he gained 3-4 yards.

The Steelers had MANY manageable 3rd downs. Lots of 3-3's, 3-4's will always equal a lot of wins.

Special Teams need a lot of work.

Culpepper will be back to 2004 form soon. The Fins will easily win the AFC East.

Troy is insane. He almost loses control sometimes, but he just lines up whereever and always recovers. I'll forgive him a missed tackle or whatever here and there for the 99% of other things he brings to the table.

The defense is going to be very good this year. They won't miss a beat.

Heath Miller has arrived.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is I was literally jumping for joy couple times during the game (Troy and Joey's INT's), and that NEVER happens.

We are going to have a very good year this year.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim
    Rascal Flats (sp?). They could've been playing Black Sabbath songs for all I know...the sound was horrible in the stadium.

Fans were GREAT!

Dolphins fans in attendance that I saw were very respectful, especially of the opening ceremony celebrating the great players from the Super Bowl wins. One or two exceptions...

The light show was cool from the seats...don't know how it played on TV.

The Steelers played fundamentally conservative football. Run to set up the pass, and bend don't break defense. If Ben was in, they would have had a different gameplan.

The Dolphins played surprisingly NON conservative. Mularkey must have some nice pull with Saban. They passed early and often, and even deep in their own territory.

Steelers wore the wrong cleats. The visiting team should NEVER slip less on your home turf than the home team.

Willie Parker is going to be an every down back, and, barring injury, break Foster's rushing record. Even when the Fins had the play sniffed out, he gained 3-4 yards.

The Steelers had MANY manageable 3rd downs. Lots of 3-3's, 3-4's will always equal a lot of wins.

Special Teams need a lot of work.

Culpepper will be back to 2004 form soon. The Fins will easily win the AFC East.

Troy is insane. He almost loses control sometimes, but he just lines up whereever and always recovers. I'll forgive him a missed tackle or whatever here and there for the 99% of other things he brings to the table.

The defense is going to be very good this year. They won't miss a beat.

Heath Miller has arrived.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is I was literally jumping for joy couple times during the game (Troy and Joey's INT's), and that NEVER happens.

We are going to have a very good year this year.

Good to see you back here, pal.

Nice Analysis. I never got to watch the game on television, but that is another story.

Good Job!!!

Couple more things...

Nate Washington could be a breakout player if they use him. It's nice to see a Steelers player just want the ball more than the defender.

Charlie Batch is a quality back-up. If he has to play against JAX, we'll still win.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Some great points Suit. I agree with everything you said. I thought the o-line didn't look so hot the 1st quarter and a half but started to come on as the game went by. Did you get that feeling being at the game? Kinda the same with our D. They got better as the game went on.
    Last edited by Steelersfan; 09-08-2006 at 07:21 PM.

I don't want to hear about someone's experience at the game!!! Now I'm jealous!!!

I'm just messing aournd suit, however I am jealous!!!

That is a great write up and it's always nice to read about someone's take on the game who was actually there. I agree with what you said about Nate Washington, he looked awesome last night and like a viable option to replace ARE. They only place they were missing him (ARE) was on the Punt Return team.

Good stuff though and thanks for sharing!

My Mood
    Amazed
    <Rascal Flats (sp?). They could've been playing Black Sabbath songs for all I know...the sound was horrible in the stadium..

They were horrible on tv too
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Actually, my impression was that the D and O lines looked good the whole game, but there seemed to be some kind of weird hangover or something in the late 3rd/early 4th. The intensity went away or something, and it was in the fans as well as the players.

The key D play in my mind was the 3rd and 2, after the Batch fumble, when Miami looked like they were going to march down the field AGAIN. If they convert that 3-2, Miami is at least in in FG range. They ran a Steelers staple play where they faked handoff right, and pitched to Brown left, and the Steelers sniffed it out. They punted, and the next play was Millers 87 yard TD catch. The D was just on fire and tuned in, and they hadn't played that way for almost a quarter...

The Steelers are definately a team that feed on emotional intensity, and if it fades, their play suffers.

House of Steel
    Anyone going to the 11/19 game in Cleveland???? I AM GOING TO BE THERE!!! I can't wait to see the Dawgs get stuffed again in a massacre!!! I wonder who will be the next stupid moron from the Dawg Pound that wants to get a bodyslam from hell from James Harrison???

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree Suit I was in section 540 you could not hear Rascal Flatts perform at all. The sound on the Miami perfomance was terrible as well.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    why would you want to hear them anyway??? lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information