Thread: Too much swagger?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Too much swagger?

Cowher eluded to this earlier in the week and NBC commented on it that BC feels his team had or has alittle too much swagger for a team that hasn't done anything in 2006 yet. Sure we need to be proud, play tough, and there is a certain amount of swagger that a team should have when they are good; it's natural. In the past we've all seen the team get a big head and then get put in their place by a team they should have beaten easily. We played well on thursday night, there's no doubt. We responded to adversity when we lost the lead and after that 85 yd drive ended with a fumble on the 1 yd line we never panicked. That shows character and poise and a well coached team. Let's just hope we keep that swagger without getting too full of ourselves and stay grounded.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree with you on that TG. The 2000 team was probably the worst one when it came to that. And that included Cowher at the time. I think he has learned his lesson but I'm not sure some of the young guys have.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    McFadden is one, Tyrone Carter is another. We'll have to watch and see with Nate Washington and some of the others.

McFadden was dancing around like a maniac after that big hit that knocked the ball loose in the second half, against Chambers I think it was. Tyrone gets pretty crazy and looses his head as we saw in preseason too so we'll just have to hope some of the guys like Hines, Ben, and the others pull them aside and let them know that it's ok to celebrate but its better to act like you've been there before and be cool too.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ya, I thought McFadden would get a penalty for sure with the crap he was doing. He made a nice play and should have left it like that.

House of Steel
    Yes, they sometimes get carried away.

My all time favorite post play celebration is Joey Porter kicking the garbage out of the house.

I love that move!!! I hope to see plenty of that live on 11/19 in Cleveland.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Man I don't know I think they are fine with the swagger. Don't you guys think the Pats had a swagger when they won 3 Super Bowls in four years? Sure they had a more business approach to them. But they had swagger. I will never forget when Branch taunted our DB's when he scored one of his TD's in the AFC title game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't care so much about "swagger" as I do them thinking they just need to show up to win like teams we've had in the past.

The teams swagger was a concern for me entering the season. Living here in a big time college basketball program I have witnessed some huge meltdowns from the Arizona Wildcats having to much swagger because of all the hype!

McFadden did get carried away, but I would have too because that was a big hit! Overall though, the Steelers were impressive and was able to stay calm and come back and win the game. I didn't really see a swagger, what I saw was a team with confidence and experience because they were in a situation they were use too. Their cocky-ness did come out at times and they usually paid for it on the next few plays but hopefully what ever swagger they did have Miami knocked it out of them.

The best moment of the game though was Porter getting things rollin' (after his 2nd sack of Culpepper)!!

Thread Information