Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Saban's attempt at the challenge?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Thoughts on Saban's attempt at the challenge?

I think it was clear to all of us that Heath was out of bounds on that long TD run but what baffles me is, we all saw the replay long before he threw the flag..yet Saban tried to tell the press that he threw it as soon as his boys up stairs saw the replay Sounds like a cop out to me, he hesitated on throwing the flag and then just tossed it out there without even giving the official closest to him a chance to see it. Seems like he's blaming everybody but himself on that missed opportunity to challenge the TD ruling on the previous play.

Oh well, too bad so sad Nick, shoulda known the rules that state the coach can leave the sideline to throw the challenge flag; or atleast done more than gave it a kindergarten toss 10 ft in front of you !

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06251/720163-66.stm

My Mood
    Addicted
    That was a sad attempt at tossing the flag. It was his own fault for waiting so long. And the whole time I'm sitting there screaming "Kick the damn ball!!!".....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You and me both I was sitting there in the hotel room screaming and pounding on the chair ! Hurry your *** up and kick it !!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Haha! I was screaming run!!! run!!! on that pass to Miller. My wife got out of bed and said "are you yelling at the tv?" and I said "You're damn right! It's football season again and we just got the lead back!".....lol
    She just shook her head and went back to bed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    fortunately my wife was out at the club with her sister that evening but Im sure the people in the hotel room below me weren't getting much sleep especially in the 2nd half !

She said she was going out so I could watch the game in peace, but she gets to the club and here it was on all the TV's in there anways

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yup, the dude screwed himself, no reason to complain it was his own fault for not trying as hard as he could to get the attention of the ref.......oh well his stupidity benefited us lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The best part is, we're 1-0 and already people will be saying we really didn't "win" the game because the refs weren't being "fair" ! Yep must be the NFL season !

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I thought everyone shut up on that after the Super Bowl. I think Collinsworth should have told Saban he is allowed to run out and throw the flag that way the refs do see it. We did win the game. NO GAME IS AUTOMATICALLY GIVEN!

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    Haha! I was screaming run!!! run!!! on that pass to Miller. My wife got out of bed and said "are you yelling at the tv?" and I said "You're damn right! It's football season again and we just got the lead back!".....lol
    She just shook her head and went back to bed.
    OH Man, if my wife would of heard me do that to her while she was I would of been cussed out and pillow slapped in the face. I also would be sleeping on the couch. I am very vocal on the games. MAN, I was yelling at the computer, KICK THAT CRAZY PIGSKIN OFF YOU IDIOTS!!!

Saban's own fault for screwing himself the game. He should of known better than to do a little kindergarten toss of the cornhole oops I meant a flag.

I think Saban just made a "rookie" mistake by not really knowing what his options were by getting the refs attention. His throw was horrible and half hearted... He also looked very hesitant and wasn't sure if he really wnat to challenage the call or not... definitely a cop out with his comments though!

Thread Information