Thread: Detroit finally signs their #1 pick.....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Detroit finally signs their #1 pick.....

The Lions signed wide receiver Calvin Johnson to a six-year contract about 8 a.m. today, and Johnson took the field for the Lions’ 8:35 a.m. practice.

The deal makes Johnson, the second overall pick in this year’s NFL draft, the highest-paid player in Lions history, according to a report on NFL.com.

It has a maximum value of $64 million, and it includes almost $27.2 million guaranteed and another $4.5 million in bonuses Johnson should earn by the middle of the season if he sees even a minimum amount of playing time, according to NFL.com.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...021/1049/rss14

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Waterboy
    anyoen else here think these rooks get paid way too much money when they havent proved anything yet?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBillSteel View Post
    anyoen else here think these rooks get paid way too much money when they havent proved anything yet?
    i think that, i think it's bull **** that the nfl allows these players to hold the teams that picked them hostage, there needs to be a set pay even if you have to guarantee the first two years, something like the nba's first round, each pick has a set price and is guaranteed 2 years with the other two years being team options........... it's retarded that rookies rather hold out for more money then learn the teams system............ and it's retarded that players like brady quin who got picked in the 20s is holding out for top ten money. that's just ridiculous

and it's good that calvin is signed, i think him and roy williams are gonna be deadly, with calvin, i think the lions have improved by 2 wins this season lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBillSteel View Post
    You know thats right....My next job, I'm going to ask for $100.00 per hour with a company truck, thats fair for never working for them before.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i think that, i think it's bull shiat that the nfl allows these players to hold the teams that picked them hostage, there needs to be a set pay even if you have to guarantee the first two years, something like the nba's first round, each pick has a set price and is guaranteed 2 years with the other two years being team options........... it's retarded that rookies rather hold out for more money then learn the teams system............ and it's retarded that players like brady quin who got picked in the 20s is holding out for top ten money. that's just ridiculous

and it's good that calvin is signed, i think him and roy williams are gonna be deadly, with calvin, i think the lions have improved by 2 wins this season lol

Great post Koopa, I'm with you.....I agree the NFL needs to follow the NBAs examples for paying rookies.....This is total crap that these unproven rookies get so much in their rookie contracts..........Please NFL cap rookie contracts........I think Calvin Johnson is going to be a bad *** but he shouldn't be the highest paid player in Lions history right now....Maybe in time he will prove that.....

Thread Information