Thread: Odell Thurman in trouble again

Bookmark and Share

Odell Thurman in trouble again

More trouble for Thurman
    Suspended LB failed to report to probation officer
    BY KIMBALL PERRY | KPERRY@ENQUIRER.COM

Suspended Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman violated his Hamilton County probation and must show up in court to explain why.

Thurman, who was suspended all of last season and for all of the 2007 season by the NFL, was supposed to report to his Hamilton County probation officer July 24.

When he didn’t, Probation Officers Liz Albert and Bob Lutkenhoff filed a criminal complaint against him for not reporting.

They also said Thurman still owes $574 in fees, fines and costs due the probation department.

Thurman’s Cincinnati attorney, Ed Perry, didn’t return calls today.

The probation was set by Municipal Court Judge John Burlew after Thurman, 23, was arrested and charged with drunk driving.

Initially, Burlew sentenced the linebacker from the University of Georgia to 90 days in jail but reduced that to a six-day, in-treatment program after Thurman admitted he was an alcoholic and spent several months this year in rehab.

Burlew also suspended the player’s driver’s license and placed him on probation.

Court records note Thurman was on probation less than two months before he was accused of violating it.

Thurman, whose NFL career could be ended by this probation violation, must report Aug. 21 to Burlew to address the violation.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Is it possible that anyone is surprised????

My Mood
    Addicted
    Dude hasn't learned his lesson and he never will. He's on his way to do something so stupid, it will ban him forever.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

POKER LEGEND
    still owes 547 WTF you mean he cant pay that

Goodbye Odell Thurman.

Hello Ahmad Brooks.

I went to the Georgia/Auburn game in Athens with my dad in 2003. We had seats in the east end zone of Sanford Stadium. Late in the 4th quarter of that game, the Bulldogs were pitching a shutout, but the Tigers (War Eagles?) were driving, and got down inside the Georgia 10-yard line. The QB drops back to pass, and the ball gets tipped into the air. I stood halfway up when I saw this, and when Odell Thurman picked it off at the 1-yard line, I was the first person in my section to jump up and start cheering! Everyone else in the stadium joined me, and we kept cheering and cheering as Thurman had a 99-yard INT return for a TD! That was my most memorable moment attending a Georgia football game!

But those days are long gone, and Thurman has become a pariah. He had legal troubles in college, but I tried to diminish them at the time. But this guy will never learn, apparently. He'll be out of football for good within a year.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

What a loser,,,,,,,, He'll never learn,he needs banned from league for life !

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    and another ones down and another ones down and another one bites the dust

some people just don't learn. I do find it comical though!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Thread Information