Thread: Are you Ready for some football?

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Are you Ready for some football?

Game Date/Time: Sunday, August 5th @ 8:00 PM EST
    Television: NFL Network

By: Casey

It will be 182 days, a very long 182 days since the Indianapolis Colts defeated the Chicago Bears 29-17 in Super Bowl XLI. The off-season ends on Sunday night as the New Orleans Saints meet the Pittsburgh Steelers in the annual AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game, and even though it’s only a pre season game, I’m just ready for some football.

This off-season has been a turbulent one for the NFL, as there have been allegations and accusations of murder and dog fighting against league stars; player arrests for drunk driving, spousal abuse, weapons violations, and numerous other chargers. For the first time that I can remember, words like “character” and phrases such as “off-field behavior” where as prevalent at the 2007 NFL Draft as “can’t miss prospect” and “big time play-maker”. Many NFL prospects fell numerous spots in the draft and lost millions of dollars due to off-field problems, that in days past were attributed to “just boys being boys”. The strong arm of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reached far in the past six months, and with his NFL Personal Conduct Policy, has shown no mercy, handing out player suspensions ranging from a few weeks to the entire season….I’m just ready for some football.

The game itself on Sunday night will probably be nothing to write home about, as it will be filled with penalities and mistakes committed by rookie players you have never heard of, and most will never be heard from again, as the starters will only play a series or two, which is customary in this game. But it is football, and we will get our first look at the Pittsburgh Steelers new head coach Mike Tomlin, who will make his head coaching debut against a New Orleans Saints team which shocked the world by advancing to the NFC Championship Game last year in their triumphant return to the Crescent City. How much of Reggie Bush, Willie Parker, Drew Brees, and Troy P will we see? Probably not a whole lot, but it will be enough to wet our appetites and get us ready for the season that lies ahead. Are you ready for some football?

For more information and history of the AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game, please check out the following link:

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/game.jsp

I've never been so excited to see a Steelers game...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
    I've never been so excited to see a Steelers game...
    I'm excited that you're excited

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Oh it's great to finally get to see some football again.

OH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GOT A FEELIN', PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO DA SUPER BOWL! OH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GOT A FEELIN', PITTSBURGH'S GONNA WIN DA SUPER BOWL!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I hope we get to see alot of Da Wood, layin the Wood!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

I can't wait anymore...is it Sunday yet??? here we go Steelers here we go!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

It's only gonna be on NFL Network!?!

BuFu

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hburg View Post
    It's only gonna be on NFL Network!?!

BuFu
    dont have nfl network? thats rough man, Its the best channel out there, spike is a close second.

Thread Information