Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Batch

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Charlie Batch

I gotta tell you a story about Batch. As you may or may not know, I live in Lansing, MI and we get all the Lions games. I remember Batch who had absolutely no protection, no rb no wr nothing. But he did have broken ribs.
    I don't remember who they were playing but I do remember that Batch was sacked 47 times and he made a td. When that guy came to Pittsburgh he was beaten up, that is what scares me about him being a qb but after last night, I am confident with him.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

He took off scrambling one play and dove head first for a first down while taking on Zach Thomas... I held my breath because it looked like the Cleveland game last year when he broke his hand on that touchdown. He's a competitor but like you said, Steelerlyn, he took a real beating at Detroit. I think he is finally at a point in his career where he's healthy to the point you can count on him as a backup QB.

Last night was awesome and should Ben miss another game, I have no problem with Batch taking over!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Batch scrambled well last night. I was surprised at how well he moved when he needed to. I did find myself at times yelling at the TV for him to "step up" in the pocket though.
    I have no problem with him playing the next game if he needs to. But I don't want us giving another game away to Jacksonville like we did last year.

My Mood
    Amazed
    OMG that Jacksonville game last year was the weekend we chose and the game we chose for our (BNGPC's) annual tailgate. We had awesome seats we were definitely up close and personal! That guy was a complete joke. After the game we all roamed out into the parking lot where some were burning Maddox jerseys. We always have a post tailgate so as we were having our pumpkin cheescake thanks to Dionne, we all were talking about the game. I was mainly mad at Cowher for not making adjustments at half time by putting Batch in. If anyone had told me that the Steelers were going to the superbowl, I would have stopped crying long enough to laugh!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    batch played like **** to me.....being very passive and choking under pressure...his stats were nice but that was because of a 87 yard touchdown that was all heath miller.

i'm not comfortable with him if he has to play again, hopefully ben will stop being so damn injury prone and play the rest of the season
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    Batch scrambled well last night. I was surprised at how well he moved when he needed to. I did find myself at times yelling at the TV for him to "step up" in the pocket though.
    I have no problem with him playing the next game if he needs to. But I don't want us giving another game away to Jacksonville like we did last year.
    You and I think alike. Great analysis. I am confident in Batch, but I think Ben might shock us all and say, I'm Back!!!!

The Legend continues!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    batch played like **** to me.....being very passive and choking under pressure...his stats were nice but that was because of a 87 yard touchdown that was all heath miller.

i'm not comfortable with him if he has to play again, hopefully ben will stop being so damn injury prone and play the rest of the season
    The only thing the 87 yd play did was give him decent yardage for the game. It didn't pad any other stats He still threw 2 other TD's and 0 int's! I thought he played well especially for someone that is suppose to be a backup. He's no Ben but I'll take a game like that from our backup anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    He still threw 2 other TD's and 0 int's!
    After taking away the 87 yard Miller TD... This is all that needs to be said about Charlie Batch . I give him a standing Not to bring up the past, but this is something the Steelers lacked last year with Maddox under center as the backup. I will take Charlie anyday as a backup. He has all the experience in the world and he doesn't turn the ball over (unless he pulls out from under the center to quick). Batch managed the game well and he looked almost Ben like bringing the Steelers from behind to win the game!

Awesome job Charlie Batch!!!
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-08-2006 at 10:47 PM.

JESUS! It's ALWAYS something with Steelers fans.

Anyway, just so we all know what actually happened, Batch called that play. It's the same play that Hines Ward scored against someone in the playoffs last year (Colts?), that went for 85. They just substituted Miller for Hines. I want to reiterate for the slow ones out there, BATCH CALLED THE PLAY!!!!! He anticipated the Fins doubling Ward, and he made the right call.

Batch is solid. He was nervous and messed up a little at the beginning of the game because he is, after all, a W. PA product starting his first game on a Super Bowl winning team in front of all his friends and family.

If he has to play against JAX, we still win by 10.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim
    JESUS! It's ALWAYS something with Steelers fans.

Anyway, just so we all know what actually happened, Batch called that play. It's the same play that Hines Ward scored against someone in the playoffs last year (Colts?), that went for 85. They just substituted Miller for Hines. I want to reiterate for the slow ones out there, BATCH CALLED THE PLAY!!!!! He anticipated the Fins doubling Ward, and he made the right call.

Batch is solid. He was nervous and messed up a little at the beginning of the game because he is, after all, a W. PA product starting his first game on a Super Bowl winning team in front of all his friends and family.

If he has to play against JAX, we still win by 10.

WE WIN BY 17!!!! 27-10

Thread Information