Thread: Holmes aching to get back to practice

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Holmes aching to get back to practice

Hines Ward knows all about missing portions of training camp with an injury. It happened to him last year when he injured his hamstring during camp and didn't play in any of the preseason games.
    After a slow start to the regular season in which he caught 18 passes in the first five games, Ward said it wasn't until Week 6 in Atlanta that he started feeling fully healthy and ready to play at his four-time Pro Bowl level again.,
    That's why he's hoping wide receiver Santonio Holmes, last year's No. 1 pick, out with an undisclosed injury, doesn't miss too much of training camp.
    "It was difficult for me, the time I missed," Ward said. "This is where all the timing is developed, the regimen we're going through with two-a-days to get your body in shape. Last year, when I missed all of camp, my body never got going till right before the Atlanta game."
    Holmes has not practiced since the start of camp because he is recovering from an undisclosed procedure that is non-football related. Yesterday, he stood in one spot of the practice field and caught one-handed passes with each hand from one of the conditioning coaches.
    Afterward, he said he has "no idea" when he will return to practice, only that he has to "listen to the doctors, and if they say take time off, I have to take time off."
    Holmes added, "It's very frustrating, knowing I have to sit out and can't help the team right now."
    Big things are expected of Holmes this season after the way he finished 2006. In his final four games, he caught 16 passes for 320 yards, including a 67-yard touchdown pass in the season finale in Cincinnati. He also returned a punt 67 yards for a score against Carolina. By the end of the season, Holmes was splitting time with the team's starting split end, Cedrick Wilson.
    "I'm more excited about getting more opportunities to help the team this year," Holmes said
    Asked if the injury is a setback, he said, "I don't think so. I don't think having to sit out a couple days, a week, however many days it is, will set me back."
    Well I just hope whatever is wrong with him gets him back sooner than later...
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

It's not even August cap "Relax" have a and a ~~~

Then just ~~~~ all that AWAY !!!!!!!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    It's not even August cap "Relax" have a and a ~~~

Then just ~~~~ all that AWAY !!!!!!!
    You're a funny guy! looks like something out of a kids storybook.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's odd that nobody is saying what the procedure is. If we knew what the deal was it might help us curb our questions as to what's going on and how long he'll be out.

Maybe he's pulling a Ben & Cowher when Bill kept saying, "there's nothing wrong with Ben's hand he's fine ,then he comes out with a glove and brace on"

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's odd that nobody is saying what the procedure is. If we knew what the deal was it might help us curb our questions as to what's going on and how long he'll be out.

Maybe he's pulling a Ben & Cowher when Bill kept saying, "there's nothing wrong with Ben's hand he's fine ,then he comes out with a glove and brace on"

They snipped his wick .... but you didn't hear it from me.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Hell I would fake an injury in early training camp also. Everyone will forget by Sept!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    They snipped his wick .... but you didn't hear it from me.

Maybe I'll have to call in a favor to one of my friends that works at UPMC

Now is this an injury that just happened or was this something that was lingering all summer? That's the one thing that pisses me off the most... they have all summer to get this "minor" surgery done but yet they wait until days before camp

Thread Information