Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Num !~ Here Are Some Quick Thoughts

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Question I'm Num !~ Here Are Some Quick Thoughts

I'll post more tomorrow after a good night's sleep, but I am feeling very good about 2006 right now. After falling behind 17-14 and getting off the field on 3rd down in their own end (which led to the Miller TD), they showed me something right there. This team still wants to win. Also, I'm sure I'm reading into this but at the end of the game watching Bill Cowher, it looked like he found some extra "juice" - it looked to me he realized why he loves this game and especially coaching this team in this city. I think he's back from the offseason and raring to go! I think the team is too

Sleep well, my friends.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Fins 5-13 on third down. Not bad

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

House of Steel
    We got to do better on stopping the opponent on Third Down!!! That is a key. REED HAS TO PRACTICE THOSE KICKS!!! Overall, I am very impressed and happy with the way the outcome came about. I am pumped and feeling awesome this morning. What a day!!! I LOVE THE STEELERS!!!

I think Cowher has his fire back!!!

I think the offense was kind of rusty early on, and maybe not used to playing with Charlie. But I think as the game went on they started getting more comfortable. I think Batch will have another good game next week.

And the defense, after letting the dolphins pick apart the secondary for a while to start the 2nd half, they really responded well with the 2 picks. After Polamalu's interception it seemed like the whole defense got faster and more aggressive.

The Steelers were able to get off the field on third down, like Philiy said Miami was 5/13 on third down, of course Culpepper helped out with some bad passes but in the end they did get off the field.

Special teams didn't impress me very much. They gave up some big returns, I bet the Steelers are wishing they hadn't released Chidi now! Jeff Reed's kick, I don't know what happened on that kick, but that is very uncharicteristic of him. Grade: D- ** Grade was edited, Thanks for headsup SF **

The defense did awesome against the run, held Brown to only 30 yards on 15 carries. No complaints on the run support with the exception of Troy missing some tackles. Maybe if he kept his head up a little more he would convert these missed tackles into tackles for losses. Againt the pass, the defense was touch and go. At times they looked impressive, but for the most part Miami helped out by throwing bad passes and receivers dropping balls. Ike still can't catch the ball and Chambers started eating him late in the game. Ike needs to remember the game is 60 minutes and not 45. 3 sacks and 2 INT's isn't bad for the first game of the season and they do have some good things to build on! Grade: Run A+ Pass B-

The offense looked shakey at times, especially when Batch was getting preasure. Parker is legit in my book now! What he did against a tough Miami defense was amazing; I would have liked for him get a TD but you can't complain about a 100+ yard performance. It's really hard to give any thoughts on the passing game because Batch isn't going to be under center normally. Batch came in and did what he had to do though and his numbers weren't to shabby with just over 200 yards and 3 TD's. He looked like a backup at times but he got the job done. Grade: Run A+ Pass B

Of course, now all we are going to hear about is the TD that really wasn't and Miami got screwed! Saban could have got the refs attention if he wanted too, so that's his mistake and he probably learned from it.

The Steelers looked more than ready to defend their title and this wasn't a traditional start to a Steelers season based on their past! Although the last few years have been pretty good starts and the Steelers have started strong
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-08-2006 at 01:10 PM. Reason: I was reminded of more mishaps regarding the Steelers ST

House of Steel
    Great summary, AZ. I enjoyed reading that. GOOD JOB!!! I agree with everything.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Chris, how many 12 ounce curls did you do last night? None of that is from a fuzzy memory?

We did an awesome job we won. They have things to work on but hey we got the W all that matters and in any way possible! But in all seriousness, a great post, AZ!

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would have given special teams a D- AZ. They missed a FG (bad!), allowed too many good returns and everytime they kicked to us it made me nervous! Seemed like our return guys were having some problems and I saw the ball bouncing around way too much. We were lucky we didn't turn it over on two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    I would have given special teams a D- AZ. They missed a FG (bad!), allowed too many good returns and everytime they kicked to us it made me nervous! Seemed like our return guys were having some problems and I saw the ball bouncing around way too much. We were lucky we didn't turn it over on two of them.
    You have a really good point there SF, I had forgot about the Steelers return game... Holmes fielding a ball at the Stelers own 5, Ike running into a ball that became live, then Ricardo... I have no idea what he was thinking, it looked like he was standing in front of train coming full speed at him and he got scared! You're absolutely right though, I'll updated that grade!

Thanks!

------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeerLyn
    Chris, how many 12 ounce curls did you do last night? None of that is from a fuzzy memory?

We did an awesome job we won. They have things to work on but hey we got the W all that matters and in any way possible! But in all seriousness, a great post, AZ!
    It's was one 12 oz coke... from the can! The Steelers did look good and got the W, that is the important thing you're right! There is always room for improvement though. You (meaning the Steelers) can't get to happy with a W because then you (meaning the Steelers again) start to think you're all that and a bag a chips and things start to go down hill from there... that's what I think but my wife also thinks I'm a little OCD
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-08-2006 at 01:15 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's not a bad thing AZ. I do that at times too. We won the game yes. Great way to start the year! But there are still things that need to be worked on. Special Teams is on the top of that list. I'm holding off on the offense basically until Ben is back. I do think they played pretty well with Batch. The D played great against the run and decent against the pass but missed too many tackles.
    All things that can be fixed though!

Thread Information