Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faneca's farewell to Pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    You don't see many athletes start to get better at 31 yrs. old .... I won't say it never happens, however it's rare.

We got Faneca's best years and now it's time to say buh-bye ...

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I get tired of hearing about him.. lol. Let him be an over aged over paid athlete on somebody elses team. Guards are a dime a dozen.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    I get tired of hearing about him.. lol. Let him be an over aged over paid athlete on somebody elses team. Guards are a dime a dozen.
    Tired of hearing about him also, but after he leaves next season, someone better donate a dime to get a dozen gaurds that we are gonna need for an already questionable o-line.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    its a shame, but I have faith that the Steelers brass know what there doing. I love Faneca, but his better days are behind him, and I agree with the Steelers, that the asking price was way to high, for somebody that age.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Browns Fan For Life!! BigDawg22's Avatar
    Come on up to Cleveland Alan. We'll take you with open arms. Then again if you came to Cleveland you'd probably go down with a career ending injury on the first F#@king day of training camp.
    That looks about right!!!!!

Reppin' 724
    Well you guys know my feelings on this one. O-line is the most important part of the offensive side of the ball. You don't lose your best player and just "hope" someone can fill in for him.

I think saving all of this money for Ben is going to bite us in the ***. He isn't a high-priced QB, he is a game manager, and we are going to waaaaay overpay for him.

With Faneca probably gone next year here is the way I see the line, and it doesn't look too good, no experience at all, with the exception of Marvel

LT: M. Smith (turns 30 this year)
    LG: Mahan (27, but I think this dude is overated)
    C: Okobi (turns 30 this year, overrated)
    RG: Who ****ing knows, Simmons sucks and Kemoetu isn't a starter in this league)
    RT: Starks or Colon ( I dont have too much faith in either)

So the only Pro-bowl quality player we have is Smith, and he isn't even really Pro-Bowl quality this year. If they want to get rid of Faneca....fine, but at least try to trade him so we can get some prospect out of it, b/c we sure as hell don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I think saving all of this money for Ben is going to bite us in the ***. He isn't a high-priced QB, he is a game manager, and we are going to waaaaay overpay for him.
    Are you serious? You defend paying an offensive lineman, but you don't see the need to retain the services of Roethlisberger in a league that has at least 8 teams turning over every stone to find a decent QB?

Even if BR is a game manager (and I doubt many people would deny this label), he has some of the best improvisational skills in the league! Not to mention being elusive for a big guy, difficult to bring down, intrinsic leadership skills and has good field vision. While technically not near the best in the league, his Favre'esq "gamer" attitude and sand-lot style of play is worth a fortune to others.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Are you serious? You defend paying an offensive lineman, but you don't see the need to retain the services of Roethlisberger in a league that has at least 8 teams turning over every stone to find a decent QB?

Even if BR is a game manager (and I doubt many people would deny this label), he has some of the best improvisational skills in the league! Not to mention being elusive for a big guy, difficult to bring down, intrinsic leadership skills and has good field vision. While technically not near the best in the league, his Favre'esq "gamer" attitude and sand-lot style of play is worth a fortune to others.
    I don't think we should pay Faneca the money he wants...I wish we would, but it wouldnt make sense, so I am not defending paying an O-lineman. I think my statement was, the O-line is the most important part of the football team.

Ben is not as good as people made him out to be, hopefully he proves me wrong, but I don't think he will be worth the fortune we end up paying him. Unless he comes out gunnign this year, and throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's, then he better not even see anything close to Manning money.

But this thread isn't about Ben, it's about Faneca, and how our line os goi g to fall apart next year. It won't matter who is throwing the ball, if the line doesn't give time the they need.

Here's the thing that chaps my *** about Faneca at this stage of his career. He's a long time veteran who should be taking he position of, "make me a fair offer because I love the organization, I love being a Steeler, and I would like to make it a contract that keeps me in black & gold so that I can retire a Steeler"

ugh... ugh .... that's clearly not what I'm hearing.

What I've heard is, "I expect to be paid like the best, or one of the best lineman in the league and I expect you address my contract now rather than later because I'm putting myself at risk by playing at this measley level of compensation. If you don't address it now .... trade me because I don't want to be part of this organization any longer. And oh by the way, my boy Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhut both got JOBBED and deserved to be the Head Coach. Now my fat *** has to run at camp and I'll be expected to assert myself."

Waterboy
    They need to focus on their o-line thats were championships are won.

Thread Information