Thread: Any Golf Fans??

Bookmark and Share

Any Golf Fans??

About 10 years ago the buzz in the sports world was a young chap by the name of Tiger. I'll admit I jumped on the Tiger bandwagon and its been a fun ride! I never really watched golf because it was boring, dull and a bunch of old dudes in funny pants. Once Tiger started playing everything changed.

Needless to say, Tiger has truly dominated the sport of Golf and has made it entertaining to watch, at least when he's atop the leader board. The past 4 tournaments Tiger has played in he has won them all including two majors (British Open and the PGA Championship). Go back to his last 5 tournaments and it reads second, first, first, first, and first! Tiger is first in all of the important rankings (wins, world rank and money). His total points for the world ranking is 22.2 and Phil Mickelson is in a distant second with only 8.9 points. I'm sure this is a ranking he will be holding for a long while again!

This weekend is the Deutsche Bank Championship and Tiger is looking to extend is current winning streak to 5, the longest winning streak in PGA history is 11. Can Tiger possibly win 9 in a row? Well, through his first 8 holes of the first round he's at 3 under par and the leaders are in the club house at 4 under (at least at the time this was written). It's looking like he can wrap this tournament up today if he continues on his current pace.

Right now it seems like the sky is the limit for Tiger and I'm glad to be along for the ride!

Tiger's Scorecard
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-04-2006 at 07:41 PM.

House of Steel
    is a big player of the sports, average of 82.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Maniac
    is a big player of the sports, average of 82.
    Are you saying your avergae is 82? That's pretty good, I average a 53 on Tigers Woods Golf 06 (XBox) does that count?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I love playing but don't watch it too much.

House of Steel
    I have Tiger Woods 2003 PGA TOUR for the GameCube, almost 75% completed

Those Tiger Challenges are hard.

I also have Links 2003 which I enjoy a lot.

ASU 4 LIFE
    i suck at golf but it is fun to play....i think my best round was 102....awful!!! tiger is the man though!

House of Steel
    Don't feel too bad, Shimmy, my first time I ever played 124 and I lost a dozen and a half balls in a lake with a stupid green in the middle of it. I WAS TICKED OFF!!! Those balls were $3 a pop, PING BALLS, Neon colored, they flew well, but I couldn't hit straight.

I am probably the only golfer that would say, I killed a Canadian Goose one time when I power drive my ball straight ahead on the fairway, this damn goose come flying out of nowhere and intercepted the ball. Clipped his wing and went HONKKKKKKKKKKKk all the way down!!! My friends were bawling and carrying on. I just went up to the bird and paid respect. THIS IS NO JOKE EITHER!!! Happened in 1995 in Michigan. HOW EMBRASSING!!!

ASU 4 LIFE
    thats awesome, i almost hit this guy getting balls out of the lake at the course on base here. all i heard was what the f*ck!!!!!! laughed my *** off....golf definatley = good times.

House of Steel
    Oh I would of loved to been with you that day, I would been carrying on too.

I did one time got a weird shot off, I sliced it, there was a river with a cover bridge, it hit the road bounced on top of the roof of the bridge, rolled across the plain, bounce off the pavement, bounced onto the green, within 4 inches of a Hole in One. I couldn't believe it. What a shot!!! My friends were stratching their heads on that one for awhile. LOL. This happened in Wisconsin.

Thread Information