Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign St. Pierre To Active Roster; Release Iwuoma

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

Steelers Sign St. Pierre To Active Roster; Release Iwuoma

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers signed quarterback Brian St. Pierre from their practice squad to the active roster, making him the backup quarterback for Thursday night's season opener against the Miami Dolphins.

St. Pierre (6-3, 230) was signed to the Steelers practice squad on Sept. 4, 2006, after spending the past year with the Baltimore Ravens. He was originally drafted by the Steelers in the fifth round (163rd overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft and then spent time on both the active roster and the practice squad for Pittsburgh. After being waived on Sept. 3, 2005, St. Pierre was signed to the Baltimore Ravens' practice squad on Sept. 22, 2005, and signed to the active roster on Dec. 8.

St. Pierre, who was waived by the Ravens on Sept. 2, 2006, has played in one career game, which was the Steelers' season finale against the Buffalo Bills on Jan. 2, 2005.

To make room for St. Pierre, the Steelers released five-year veteran cornerback Chidi Iwuoma. Iwuoma originally signed with the team as a free agent in 2002. In his four years with the Steelers, he recorded 69 special teams tackles, including a career-high (tied) 19 last year.

Additionally, the Steelers re-signed fullback John Kuhn to the practice squad. Kuhn (6-0, 255) spent part of the 2005 season on the team's practice squad and was signed to this year's practice squad on Sunday, Sept. 3, before being released the following day.
    http://news.steelers.com/article/68953/
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not surprised they signed Pierre to the active roster.

House of Steel
    Now, that I agree with, taking St. Pierre on the roster and putting Khun back on the PS, too bad Chidi had to go, but hey, no big loss.

I really like what Chidi brought to special teams! They should have let Moorey go before Chidi. Oh well... glad to see Kuhn back on the PS, I was worried he might get snagged up by some other team!

This move shows what the Steelers really think of Omar now, they go out and get another QB to be the 3rd guy. Hopefully Omar doesn't take it personally and realizes he has some things to work on. He'll come around sooner than later.

House of Steel
    I don't think Omar will take it seriously, they know St. Pierre used to be a Steeler QB. Now, we got dissect the Ravens playbook out of his brain and instill the Whiz's knowledge into Brian.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    I really like what Chidi brought to special teams! They should have let Moorey go before Chidi. Oh well... glad to see Kuhn back on the PS, I was worried he might get snagged up by some other team!

This move shows what the Steelers really think of Omar now, they go out and get another QB to be the 3rd guy. Hopefully Omar doesn't take it personally and realizes he has some things to work on. He'll come around sooner than later.

why is that?? he's overrated hot garbage. cutting him over humes just shows kuhn will only amount to great preseason games against scrubs worse then him

Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    why is that?? he's overrated hot garbage. cutting him over humes just shows kuhn will only amount to great preseason games against scrubs worse then him
    "why is that" about Chidi, Omar or Kuhn?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    chidi is at least a good special teams player....omar is there by default casue boyd sucked complete ***.....kuhn should just be takin out back and shot lol

I see what you're saying now. I agree with what you're saying about Chidi and Omar... Kuhn, however, did show a little bit of promise. Yeah it was preseason, but I really think this guy could become somebody. Kuhn is actually pretty smart and watching the preseason games when he got the ball and lowered his head and went, I was like "Who is that guy?"

Hopefully, they will be able to get Chidi back, I just don't understand that move.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i know he looked good, but i guess the staff don't think he's all the great espically when humes stays on the PS and he doesn't.......humes will be better then kuhn

Thread Information