Thread: St. Vincent prepares for Steelers invasion

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

St. Vincent prepares for Steelers invasion

LATROBE -- Saint Vincent College is preparing for the 41st consecutive season as host of the Steelers training camp and only a few changes will take affect for fans traveling to the college to watch as head coach Mike Tomlin begins his first NFL campaign.

Topping the list of changes is the addition of 1,050 aluminum seats at the base of the slope in front of St. Benedict Hall. Chuck Noll Field, as the practice facility is now called, will be the main venue for the Steelers when they open camp July 23.

"When the temperature starts to rise and the humidity goes up, we know it's time to kick off Steelers football at Saint Vincent. It's an honor for this college to host the Steelers and to have this longstanding friendship," said Saint Vincent College president Jim Towey.

For the most, the routine for fans will remain the same at Saint Vincent. The location of parking will change, however, with fans being directed to park in a field located on the same side as the practice facility, rather than on the opposite side as in the past.

In addition, the Steelers announced today that they are accepting applications for their Gatorade Junior Training Camp, which will take place from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 27 at the Latrobe Parks and Recreation Field. The Steelers' first night practice will follow at the adjacent Latrobe Memorial Stadium.

The camp is free and open to 250 boys and girls ages 7 to 14. It will emphasize friendly competition over winning as well as values such as responsibility, teamwork and sportsmanship. It also will include non-contact drills. The registration deadline is July 25 and is on a first-come, first served basis. Information is available at steelers.com or by calling 412-697-7713.
    It's about time they add more seats.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Guess I'll miss another year-----

Love to go there & hang~~`

I'm sure some of you guys will be posting some pic's-----

Im really trying to get up there just gotta work around work

So, who attends these camps from SA? I was considering driving up for a day with my son.

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's great to have a place like St. Vincents for camp every year. They appreciate the Steelers, it's not far from home but it's far enough to be able to get away and concentrate on just football, it's accessible for the fans, overall it's just a cool place.

I will be going just don't know when yet !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information