Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When does Willie Parker Officially Become THE Pittsburgh Steelers Feature Back?

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Willie is the man......nuff said...he proved it last year when Ben played like sloppy diaherria.....

I like what Willie can do just as much as the next person but I have to agree with Steelersfan... Wilie didn't show very much consistency last year. He was awesome at home but he must have been jet lagged or something when he hit the road because he was non-existent! I'm a big fan of the Thunder/Lighting combo just because it really keeps the defense off balance and makes them focus on the backfield to see who's back there. Plus letting someone bigger than Willie handle those short yardage situations adds to Willie's career lifespan.

He could very well be the feature back but it doesn't hurt to have someone help out a little more than usual

Reppin' 724
    I think the fact that opponents didnt have to respect the pass is what hurt Willie the most.

If you QB is inconsistent your RB will probably be inconsistent, and Ill take over 1400 yards, and inconsistent.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I guess the longest TD run in Super Bowl history,the only RB in Steelers history to have 2 200 rushing yard games and a Steelers single season TD record isn't good enough for some people?lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I guess the longest TD run in Super Bowl history,the only RB in Steelers history to have 2 200 rushing yard games and a Steelers single season TD record isn't good enough for some people?lol
    That's all good but you know how we are.. we want 16 200 yard games a season and some other Super Bowl records to be beat... every year! Then we can talk!

POKER LEGEND
    I agree with a previous post if the passing offense was better you wouldnt be facing 7 and 8 man fronts if Ariens spreads the offense out this year Willie dont need much room to get rollin make 1 guy miss and see ya

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    That's all good but you know how we are.. we want 16 200 yard games a season and some other Super Bowl records to be beat... every year! Then we can talk!

Willie could do all that and some Steeler fans still will say he isn't Jerome or Franco........

When looking at Willie Parker I think its safe to say he has exceeded all of our expectations since he was an undrafted FA......Plus he is still growing as a RB......I think the best is still yet to come from Willie Parker.....

POKER LEGEND
    He is also adding muscle to his body making him tougher if he could just catch the ball more out of the backfield what more would you really want in a running back. He also proved last year he can punch it in from short yardage

willie is a good RB, easily top 5 imo. i really think that he will have better years, he had a somewhat solid year last year which is saying something playing on the team he did. A few times a game, willie gets that run, the run that he gets tackled by the ankle and you just think....damn one more and he'd be gone. If we even have a somewhat respectable passing game this year, which in theory we should with hines, heath and the bengal slayer.... Not to mention washington who i think will also be great....willie will light up the field. Hes a hard runner with blazing speed, he does run hard, not just for his size but in general. I think having the bus on the team for his first few years was the difference between top 5 RB and undrafted practice squad dude. I wish they would get him involved in the passing game a bit more, which could happen thi year too. The only knock on willie is his vision, hes not a patient runner, he doenst always follow his blocks, but thats something he can and probably will improve on. I love the way when hes running up the sideline and he stutter steps and cuts back in to go further rather than running out....I LOVE THAT.

Actually another knock on willie is hes not very elusive for a guy that fast, but that goes back to him being a hard runner, hes not afraid of contact and you dont see him tryin to make alot of people miss, he hits it hard and hes gone....kinda like me

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Willie could do all that and some Steeler fans still will say he isn't Jerome or Franco........

When looking at Willie Parker I think its safe to say he has exceeded all of our expectations since he was an undrafted FA......Plus he is still growing as a RB......I think the best is still yet to come from Willie Parker.....

50 years from now whoever our starting RB is we will still be saying, well they are ok but they're no Jerome or Franco It sounds funny but it's really true, the way we as fans are and the way the city is so deep in tradition that every Steeler team from now till kingdom come will always be compared to the legends from the 70's.

This is a big year for Willie to show us what he's got and to be consistent week in and week out. That burden falls on the OL as well as Willie though too. If Fast willie can put up those numbers last year with a terrible OL then I can't wait to see what he does with a solid one.

Thread Information