Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Tonight from England for dinner i had.........

  1. #41
    2nd String okiesteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    961
    sounds good, guys! the wife and I don't usually cook like that - 5 kids who are picky most times. I am not that in to pasta, though, it's a side dish, to me. I am a meat and taters guy. ArkieSteel , I am moving closer your way, need some of that beef you raise!

  2. #42
    2nd String Blitzburghpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    947
    Ok OK OK I know y'all meat and two veg people out there but the "meatiest" fish i know if you've never tried it is Sea Bass. Apart from being good for you, it's really bloody scrummy.... sooooo here's what i did sat night

    Steamed string beans, drizzled with lemon juice and oilve oil
    Roasted rosemary potatoes which is new potato's in a slightly oiled pan, sprinkled with rosemary herb, and in the oven for 40 mins or so
    halved cherry tomatoes, srinkled with salt and basil leaves,
    Grilled sea bass fillets ( just 3-4 mins under a hot grill ) covered with
    a spring onion, garlic, caper, mustard, butter homemade sauce.

    At then end of the night all the plates were clean!!! So what about that one?

  3. #43
    BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    FAYETTEVILLE AR
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    sounds good, guys! the wife and I don't usually cook like that - 5 kids who are picky most times. I am not that in to pasta, though, it's a side dish, to me. I am a meat and taters guy. ArkieSteel , I am moving closer your way, need some of that beef you raise!


    Where you moving too???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    Ok OK OK I know y'all meat and two veg people out there but the "meatiest" fish i know if you've never tried it is Sea Bass. Apart from being good for you, it's really bloody scrummy.... sooooo here's what i did sat night

    Steamed string beans, drizzled with lemon juice and oilve oil
    Roasted rosemary potatoes which is new potato's in a slightly oiled pan, sprinkled with rosemary herb, and in the oven for 40 mins or so
    halved cherry tomatoes, srinkled with salt and basil leaves,
    Grilled sea bass fillets ( just 3-4 mins under a hot grill ) covered with
    a spring onion, garlic, caper, mustard, butter homemade sauce.

    At then end of the night all the plates were clean!!! So what about that one?


    Sounds pretty good
    Last edited by ARKIESTEEL; 07-17-2007 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    Ok OK OK I know y'all meat and two veg people out there but the "meatiest" fish i know if you've never tried it is Sea Bass. Apart from being good for you, it's really bloody scrummy.... sooooo here's what i did sat night

    Steamed string beans, drizzled with lemon juice and oilve oil
    Roasted rosemary potatoes which is new potato's in a slightly oiled pan, sprinkled with rosemary herb, and in the oven for 40 mins or so
    halved cherry tomatoes, srinkled with salt and basil leaves,
    Grilled sea bass fillets ( just 3-4 mins under a hot grill ) covered with
    a spring onion, garlic, caper, mustard, butter homemade sauce.

    At then end of the night all the plates were clean!!! So what about that one?
    Sounds yummy but "bloody scrummy"????? I feel another lesson coming on....... LOL!

  5. #45
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stationed in GTMO(Cuba)
    Posts
    1,530
    Can anyone say BBQ pork ribs? marinated for 24 hrs. and slowly grilled to perfection, they are simply orgasmic!

  6. #46
    2nd String memphissteelergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    M-town, TN
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSteve View Post
    Can anyone say BBQ pork ribs? marinated for 24 hrs. and slowly grilled to perfection, they are simply orgasmic!

    Oh, yes! Yes! Yes!

    Of course, Memphis is the Pork BBQ capital of the universe! LOL There are plenty of places where you can get good 'cue here! And if you are ever here in the spring, you have to make a trip to the Memphis in May World Championship BBQ contest, also known as the "Super Bowl of Swine."

  7. #47
    2nd String Blitzburghpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    947
    Ok lets try a little american stuff then , i got some loin pork chops in the freezer i need to use, anyone got a good Pork chop marinade i can make?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Defense rises to the challenge tonight !
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM
  3. Forum upgrade tonight - **edit, now completed**
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steeler Addicts 411
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 02:44 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 01:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •