Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins vs. Steelers (Wk. 1)

House of Steel
    I am sorry, I do have loads of brain farts at times, so bare with me. I am still a rookie in here for the time being. You notice my post numbers are going higher and higher. LOL.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Are we posting in this thread during the game or is some making a game thread

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    This is the game thread...everything will go in here.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    FROM STEELERS.COM

The following are some of the interesting match-ups to watch during Thursday night's Steelers-Dolphins game at Heinz Field:

STEELERS LT MARVEL SMITH VS. DOLPHINS DE JASON TAYLOR: The Dolphins believe their defensive line is a team strength, and Taylor is the most outstanding player on that unit. Since 2000, Taylor has recorded 76 sacks, and don't believe for a second that he's a one-dimensional player. Taylor may own the quickest first-step in the NFL, and Smith will have to be on top of his own techniques to survive. Certainly, the Steelers will be able to help Smith, both with an extra blocker and with the play-calling, but there are going to be occasions where Taylor will know he's in a pure pass-rush situation. Those will be trying times for Smith, even as good as he is.

STEELERS QB CHARLIE BATCH VS. DOLPHINS QB DAUNTE CULPEPPER: These guys won't go against each other during the game, but their respective performances will have a lot to do with the outcome, especially when it comes to protecting the football. Nobody expects this game to develop into a shootout, and that means it could be close throughout. In those kinds of games, turnovers can be the difference, and if either quarterback commits a bunch of turnovers early it could take his team right out of contention. This is a different Batch than the Steelers ever have had – he's confident, relaxed, comfortable that he can execute the offense in a game situation. Culpepper is coming off major knee surgery and will be geeked to show the world he's back. While both of these guys are veterans, controlling their emotions still could be a factor early.

STEELERS NT CASEY HAMPTON VS. DOLPHINS C REX HADNOT: Miami wants to run the football, especially in a game on the road against the defending champions. Ronnie Brown is a former No. 2 overall pick, and he should be more comfortable now that he has a season of experience in the league. Against the Steelers, running the football doesn't happen unless somebody blocks Hampton, and it typically requires more than one person. If Hampton is making Hadnot's life miserable, Brown's life will turn out to be miserable as well.

STEELERS WR HINES WARD VS. DOLPHINS CBs WILL ALLEN AND TRAVIS DANIELS: It will be Batch's first-ever opening day start for his hometown team, and there will be butterflies. It's only normal. In those kinds of situations, quarterbacks look to a security blanket, and Ward is that for the Steelers. Out the entire preseason with a balky hamstring, Ward practiced for three straight days and is ready to go. Early in the game, don't be surprised to see Batch go to Ward because he knows how dependable he is, and if the two hook up a couple of times everybody on the Steelers sideline will feel more comfortable. The Miami secondary is not a team strength in the first place, and Daniels was listed as doubtful on the team's final injury report before the game.

STEELERS CB IKE TAYLOR VS, DOLPHINS WR CHRIS CHAMBERS: Imagine these statistics – 82 catches for 1,118 yards and 11 touchdowns, and the quarterback was Gus Frerotte. That's how good Chambers is, and he always seems to play so much taller than his listed height of 5-foot-11. Taylor recently signed a contract extension that should ease his mind as he was due to enter a season after which he could've become an unrestricted free agent. Taylor is a big, physical cornerback, and going against Cincinnati's Chad Johnson three times last season should help him in this match-up against Chambers.

STEELERS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR DICK LeBEAU VS. DOLPHINS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR MIKE MULARKEY: These guys just missed working with each other in Pittsburgh on two different occasions, and it'll be Mularkey's first time calling plays against a Steelers team during a game at Heinz Field. On many occasions, coaches have to be like players in that they cannot afford to try to do too much, they cannot afford to force things that may not be there. LeBeau is the epitome of cool, but he's a cold-blooded competitor at heart. And Mularkey would love to stick it to the Steelers on a national stage such as this.

House of Steel
    Swami picked the Steelers by 3.

Steelers 24 Dolphins 13, my final prediction

GO STEELERS!!!

This pregrame is awesome! Wish I could have been there it's gotta be electrifying

The "Bus" entrance is awesome!!!

He came riding into the stadium in a big ole School bus!
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-07-2006 at 08:29 PM.

House of Steel
    My wife won't let me watch the game. So, I am stuck on the helmets.

Bummer dude! We'll get you the updates don't worry

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I feel your pain house of steel

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information