Thread: Ravens Game

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar

Ravens Game

I was just tryin to figure out.
    Where do most Steelers fans sit in M&T Bank Stadium when they come to see the ratbird game?
    i was gonna try to buy tickets but i dont want to end up surrounded by drunk fans who will hate me cuz im a Steelers fan

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
    I was gonna try to buy tickets but i dont want to end up surrounded by drunk fans who will hate me cuz im a Steelers fan

You just described EVERY away game. Unfortunately, there's no escaping fans of the other team when you travel on the road. Just make sure you find a good Steelers tailgate and hang with them before the game and all walk to the stadium together and try to get seats on the visitors side. That's really the best you can do.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I been to a few away games.....the one that sticks out in my mind the most is KC the last time the Steelers played there...I think it was 2003, but there fans called me every name besides my own....I didnt let them get to me too much it was bad enough just looking at the score

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
    I was just tryin to figure out.
    Where do most Steelers fans sit in M&T Bank Stadium when they come to see the ratbird game?
    i was gonna try to buy tickets but i dont want to end up surrounded by drunk fans who will hate me cuz im a Steelers fan

Ive been to Ratbird Stadium several times, there is no safe haven because most time the fans are spread out all over the place, which is good because you can make some noise that way. We usually end up sitting in one of the endzones when we go, about half way up and you can usually see atleast a couple dozen Steeler fans within shouting distance.

It's not a very friendly place to say the least, every time we nearly get into atleast a half dozen fights, don't go into the bathrooms alone or they'll eat you alive. If you're going with a spouse make sure she goes into the bathroom with another Steeler fan because the female ratbirds are as bad if not worse than the guys. My wife got and her friend almost got jumped twice in the bathrooms and caught all kinds of ridicule.

Stand your ground, give it right back to them, that's what we do. If you ignore them they'll just taunt you and taunt you everytime they see you. If you stand up to them and give it right back, and mean it when you do it you'll be better off. It sounds "high school" I know, but trust me those idiots down there are ruthless and you have to be strong. Every game we go to there's always a bunch of fans being thrown out,and it's usually the Ratbird ones.

I've seen the Steelers play the Ravens 3 times in Baltimore. The first two times, the stadium was a sea of black and gold. Last time, purple everywhere. Same with the Orioles. Definitely a town where road fans can dominate...

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

Ive never been to M&T but Im sure it wont be pretty. Anyway I like to sit next to the other fans.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    I've seen the Steelers play the Ravens 3 times in Baltimore. The first two times, the stadium was a sea of black and gold. Last time, purple everywhere. Same with the Orioles. Definitely a town where road fans can dominate...
    Especially with the Red Sox and Yankees.

Baltimore isn't as bad as people seems, although, Cincinnati is the worse on my list. Iron City South gave you what is the best advice to give to a fan going to an away game, I toast my wine to him. Cleveland is up there too.

Before everyone ask me about Baltimore, I will admit, I had a mulligan with this visit, there were 50 of us that went. All the guys and their wives and a few little folks from my Moose Lodge in Somerset. You know one thing, you don't mess with Lodge Brothers no matter where your at.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There is safety in numbers..but only to a degree. They'll still talk smack with ya but they won't be as bold if you're with a big group.

Usually when you walk around inside the stadium you can see small groups of Steeler fans huddling together and talking plus when you pass by one they'll always give you a high five so you won't be alone, just out numbered

Thread Information