Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Member Spotlight: SteelerLyn

Bookmark and Share

Member Spotlight: SteelerLyn

Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight on:
    SteelerLyn

How long have you been a Steeler fan.......

I knew about them before most of you were born and I hated them

What made you become a fan of the Steelers.....

Well, my loving husband managed to take my son aside every Sunday "to watch football" so my daughter and I would go shopping or some other mindless activity and I got sick of us not being together as a family. So, I told my husband we needed to talk about the football thing. We decided that the following Sunday we would take the kids to the country and pick berries. Have some real family time together. The following Sunday all of us got into the car and drove to the country, it was so exciting (or so I thought) after we were 15 miles from home on comes the radio and yes Steeler football. My blood pressure must have hit 500, I screamed "TAKE ME HOME!" I then realized WE had not decided anything, I had decided and he being a man just let me think whatever I wanted. So, we get home and Matthew runs to turn on the tv, Missy sits down next to Matthew on the floor in front of the tv. Terry is in his chair and I am in my chair. Missy says, "I like that team, Matthew." Matthew says, "Missy, that is my team but it can be your team too." I looked at Terry, then at the kids and at that very moment I asked myself this question What can be wrong with your husband wanting to spend his only day off watching football with his kids? So I turned to Terry and I said, "I want to learn about that stupid game, can you teach me?" Terry winked at me and said, "I sure can honey, your first lesson is this is not a stupid game." Then we laughed he had his work cut out for him because I did not know a first down from a goal post and this was all pre Madden games so you could not buy a game and teach/learn that way, like you can today, then it was questions all during the game. He is a patient guy, I don't think I could have ever done what he did. You figure a guy works 6 days a week and all he really wants is to be involved with his family on his days off now that has to be one great guy, right? I took what he taught me and never let go.

Who is your favorite Players currently on the Steelers roster......

All of them

Why are they your favorite player.....

Only because they are Steelers when they turn in their Black'NGold to go to another team, I have no use for them

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past.....

All of them

What is your favorite Steelers memory....

WOW! there are soooooo many! I would have to say the wildcard game between the Browns and the Steelers. So many people left thinking the Clowns had won, the we scored 3 touchdowns in like 20 minutes. Tommy Maddox at the helm, he did one fabulous job that day that took us to the Titans the next week. Tommy Gunnn got hurt there and never was the same. That halloween game against the Pats was pretty kewl, our whole section was singine "Who's Your Daddy?"

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football.....
    NCAA basketball

How did you find Steeler Addicts....

Koopa sent me an email and I loved SA from the beginning

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences......

I admire and appreciate SA. Few sites offer the unique features and even fewer sites have owners and staff who are one-of-a-kind, people filled with kindness who respect their members and have a remarkable manner of making each one of their members feel important and special. I, for one, am hooked on SA and not because of the multiple features SA has but because of the people who belong, run and own SA, I am truly impressed.

What do you do for a living........

I work in sales and marketing for a professional practice founded in 1983 to serve a wide range of client needs in all areas of computer system development, management, and support. Our goal is to provide each client with the specific technical help and product offerings best suited to their requirements.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you....

I am a pretty private person

What is one thing that everybody knows you for.....

Online people know me for my love of dem Steelers, Spartans, Pistons, Red Wingz, my Steeler club and my love of fantasy football. People in my real world know me FIRST as a loving wife, mom, gramma and good friend.........they know I like some team but many probably would not even know what team, although coworkers would because my office is solid Steeler.

What kind of car or truck do you drive......

We have a 2007 Saturn Vue, love it. We have onstar and a phone lol I didn't use the phone too wisely at all. It is so kewl to be driving down the road talking away. I generally call my daughter on my way home from work via cell phone but this vechicle had a phone in it and heck it was free so I would call my daughter and we would talk and talk, it was awesome. Then one day real soon after we got it, our minutes were gone LOL I was telling Matthew about it and he said, "Mom, that is to be used for emergencies only."

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be....

To have the ability to convey my true feelings while in cyberspace, I have no problems doing that in real life but sometimes the computer keys do not convey your true feelings, that is why it is so important to use the emotions and sometimes I forget that part.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA.....

doing things with my family and my work.

Favorite TV show.......

I enjoy game shows like "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader," 1/100, that type of show

Favorite video games.....

I like Dinky Smash

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on....

Steeler Sunday is family day, we all watch together

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do....

I put my Steelers garb on, wear my Steeler beads, earrings, etc then drive over to Matthew's (my son) house. Once downstairs in his Steeler shrine, I get one of my terrible towels He and I have a prayer we say, we then have a shot of tequila.......or coffee or whatever is there at the time.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage....

Brats & Ice Cold Iron City when Iron City was in 3 Rivers, they had the coldest beer I have ever had. I do not like nor do I drink beer but a friend from Pittsburgh bought me an Irn the first time I was ever at 3 Rivers (so I had to drink it) and it was so cold it was actually good.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime.....

50, maybe less, maybe more, every playoff game plus 5 a year from '85 then in '03 we dropped down to one season game and all playoff games

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ?

Three Rivers

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"

Immaculate reception

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Great read Lyn, thanks for taking the time to share with us

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Nice read Steelerlyn, That was pretty interesting..
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Smokin
    Very nice!!!! And you are right, I never would of guess that you are a private person....

Thanks for the sig Flea

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Great spotlight

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Thanks Lyn. I enjoyed hearing more about you. Sounds like you have a great family.

That is so neat to read up on a person. Very brilliant!!!

My Mood
    Horny
    very nice read

Great interview...really enjoyed it!!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Great read Lyn!

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information