Thread: Power Rankings week 1

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Power Rankings week 1

Power Rankings by CBS Sportsline.

Some people like these while others don't. I do because they make for some good conversation.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/st...?nflpower90406

I see two surprises, one of them is a what were they thinking and the other being a could be and I don't see why not...

The "what were they thinking" is the Eagles at #10. They didn't even make the playoffs last year! I think they should be somewhere further down, just becuase TO is gone doesn't mean they are good again???

Then the "could be and I don't see why not" is the Cardinals at #13. They finally have a lot of key pieces in place and this could finally be their year. But then again they say that every year about the Cardinals

Other than those two everything else seems to be right on +-2 positions. I can't stand the polls that have the defending SB champs ranked at 2,3,4,5... IMO if you're the champ you start the year at #1, just how they have it.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Eagles are a good team. They always were (4 NFC championship games). Last year they had the whole TO thing not to mention that McNabb was hurt. I think they will be right in the thick of it again this year with all that behind them.
    I don't like that they put the Cardinals up that high. Sure on paper they look good. But they haven't proven anything yet when it counts.

I do think if Palmer is healthy the Bengals should be a little higher. They have a good team (who is typing under my name!....lol) but the D needs work.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Nice seeing the Steelers at the top of these rankings

I didn't even think twice about the Bengals... their D does need some work McGahee lit them up for like 90 yards on 9 carries and TD. I could have lived with the Eagles and Bengals flopping spots, that would seem more resonable to me.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think I would mind them switching.

Another thing I noticed is I don't think I would put the Pats ahead of the Broncos. Last time I checked Denver beat them pretty good.

House of Steel
    The PAST have no business being in the TOP 10, them suckers got bounce from the playoffs. Other than that, It is a pretty good ranking. I guess the media still loves to kiss the Razors Blades butts still.

That's a good point SF and SM... I didn't even notice the Pats were above the Broncos, that's abig disrespect to the Broncos after tehy man handled them in the playoffs. I woudl expect something like that from ESPN but not SI... is SI up in the Connecticut area also??

The Pats WR's are all practically new, they have a tired worn out back that has been around the block a few times... complete disrespect to the Broncos!

Thread Information