Amazed
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Addicted
    Very nice article. He made some great points about Ben. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB right now.

Great find in that article Lyn!

Ben is truly an amazing QB, the one thing that strikes me most about him is it always seems like if the Steelers are down a few points... Ben comes out onto the field and takes his team down the field to either put some points on the board or puts the ball in the endzone! He's got this demeanor about himself that says "I'm not going to lose!" whether it be a game or his life!

Here is a section that really stuck out at me
    Actually, underappreciated might be the more appropriate term for Ben Roethlisberger, who will miss tonight's opener against the Miami Dolphins on account of his emergency appendectomy Sunday.

The Steelers will not crumble in his absence. Tommy Maddox doesn't live here anymore, so as long as Charlie Batch stays upright, the club should be able to survive even a couple of games without Big Ben. What's even more amazing is that so many people still consider Roethlisberger to be more a function of the Steelers' system than anything else.
    I gotta agree with this guy because I can't count the number of times someone has told me "The Steelers run the ball he doesn't need to do anything!" excuse me but it takes someone with the "it" factor and some smarts to be a QB that can make the plays when his number is called on! Case in point the playoffs! The author in the article touched on this and brought up Ben's QB rating of 128 through the first three games of the playoffs. IMO, if Ben ever takes the Steelers back to the Super Bowl, we will see a Ben perform at a level he did during the Bengals, Colts and Bronco game.

If you go back to the AFCCG against NE, Ben wasn't very impressinve. So this past year Ben improved drastically in the AFCCG then not so hot in the SB... I feel sorry for the defense that faces Ben in his next SB whenever that might be because his pattern for performance is definitely on his side!

Waterboy
    "I wouldn't trade him for any other QB right now."

open you eyes this kid has helth issues or al least issues with staying healthy
    how may starts has Manning or Brady missed? Still want ben than you don't
    understand Football.......you understand being a fan.........there is a difference.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by THE LEGEND

understand Football.......you understand being a fan.........there is a difference.

Waterboy
    I am a football man that knows the game

House of Steel
    And WE all are not football fans that know the game??? COME ON DUDE, a fan stick with their team through thick and thin. A real fan sticks with a team through injuries and downfalls. You my friend got a lot to learn about being a true football fan. I hope you have a change of heart.

Where is your legions lie dude?

Waterboy
    understanding the game and being a fan is different, you can not make statements from your heart and expect someone to respect you as a football man, a fan yes but a football man no,

I played this game at a very high level and view it differently not as a fan but as a football Man. So anyone who says that would perfer to a have an often banged up QB over a 2 time SB MVP or a probowler many times over who are never injuried is just is thinking with his heart not his head
    head.....again it's ok to be a fan .

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE LEGEND

Why don't you open your eyes. Ben wins games. Maybe he isn't the healthiest QB around but he has a long career ahead of him and has already shown how good he can be. You can have Manning and all his SB wins.... Brady is a good QB and if we didn't have Ben already I would have loved to have had him in a Steelers uniform.
    I understand being both types of fans.

Waterboy
    Ben is a fine QB any team would be happy to have him ( less the Patroits or Colts) but there are better QB's and that doen not taking a thing away from Ben.

He had an absoult stinker in the SB.......Never happend to Brady.

Thread Information