Thread: Hoke signs an extension.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Hoke signs an extension.....

PITTSBURGH -- Backup nose tackle Chris Hoke signed a three-year contract extension with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday.
    Hoke, a seven-year veteran from BYU, had one year left on his contract. The extension will keep him with the Steelers through the 2010 season.
    Hoke has played in 45 games with the Steelers and started 11, including 10 games in 2004 when he replaced injured starter Casey Hampton for much of the season.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is a great signing for us, Chris did an excellent job filling in for Casey when he was down for a bit last year and I like what he brings to the team for us. He's a tough, stoudt, guy who often gets overlooked but really is a more than capable compliment to Casey.

Gold Standard
    Yeah, Chris Hoke has done a great job for us. And don't forget that in the 15-1 season he played most of that season as a starter because Casey was out with an injury. The defense was kick-*** that year!

I liked what one of the scouts told reporters at this years combine. The reporters were all abuzz about the showing Amobe Akoye had at the senior bowl, he laughed at them and told them Akoye would be a 3rd string nosetackle for the Steelers behind Hoke! I believe him!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Plus he's got one of the coolest sack dances of any DL in the league

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its a nice signing especially for depth purposes....But the one I'm waiting for is Troy Polamalu...I really hope they get his deal done......

Heard him on siirius

saying,,,,,,,he's extremly happy to stay in steel town and could not see wearing any other colors but the black & gold

He was also bragging on Mr. bring the wood "woodley''-----saying he's picked up on the 3-4 "D" quickly and he'll make a great cotribution to the team this year

IMO: I'm really glad we got him locked up for at least 3 more years,when hampton went out he filled in great,,,,,,,,he's a luckpail Keisel type of player

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07173/796270-66.stm

Backup nose tackle's contract is $6 million

Friday, June 22, 2007
    From local and wire dispatches

The Steelers signed backup nose tackle Chris Hoke to a new four-year contract worth $6 million.

Hoke, who had one year left on his contract before signing the new deal, also will receive a $1.5 million signing bonus.

Hoke signed with Steelers in 2001 as an undrafted free agent out of Brigham Young University. He has played in 45 games, including 11 starts. In 2004, when he started 10 games for the injured Casey Hampton, Hoke finished that season with 27 tackles and two sacks.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Good move

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Addicted
    This is very good news. Glad to see Chris Hoke get the well deserved extension.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Good signing, Chris is the type of player that does his job well, and knows his role.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information