Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben has emergency Apendectomy, will miss the opening game.

Bookmark and Share
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    At least tommy not playin

This is just unlucky and its so hard to tell when he'll return. Anybody but Ben...

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I dont want to say your right or wrong by saying it has nothing to do with the accident but I think it does. His organs and stuff might still not be functioning normally and thus it caused it to burst a lot sooner then it wanted it too. But like you said I expect him to miss 2 games at the most. There is no way in hell he sits out the cincy game in week 3. There gonna take there time with this injury and hopefully he heals quick and it all works out for the best. Ben's health though has just been an absolute mess it seems like. There is always something wrong with this guy constantly. This better be the last thing this guy has all year long. Its just irritating you never see guys like Brady or Manning get hurt at all and here is Ben he gets hurt all the time. Its very frustrating.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    If there is any good news, it's that we have one of the top 3 backup QB's in the league. There are a ton of guys who are worse that we could have been stuck with to open up the season. And he's going to do everything in his power to get on the field against the Bengals.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Wow! I just heard this news and this is crazy! Is there any word about a third QB that's going to be picked up?? It would suck to enter the game with only 1 QB and Batch ends up getting hurt.

My brother-in-law said it was an emergency apendectomy... Batch should be fine though as the Steeler starter, he's showed he can lead the team and get W's. Like Blitz said though at least its not Maddox!

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I've heard now from a few different places that we've been in contact with St. Pierre already. There are some people who I wouldnt feel confortable with at QB but I feel fine for one game with Batch.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hines had the same emergency a few years back if you remember. He was ready to play in 2 weeks.

This is bad bad news though, opening night, huge game, and now he won't even play !! WTF !!

St. Pierre would be a good option. I mentioned the Steelers bringing him back in another post just because I wasn't impressed with Jacobs or Boyd.

My Mood
    Amazed
    [QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43]I dont want to say your right or wrong by saying it has nothing to do with the accident but I think it does. His organs and stuff might still not be functioning normally and thus it caused it to burst a lot sooner then it wanted it too. But like you said I expect him to miss 2 games at the most. There is no way in hell he sits out the cincy game in week 3. There gonna take there time with this injury and hopefully he heals quick and it all works out for the best. Ben's health though has just been an absolute mess it seems like. There is always something wrong with this guy constantly. This better be the last thing this guy has all year long. Its just irritating you never see guys like Brady or Manning get hurt at all and here is Ben he gets hurt all the time. Its very frustrating.

I agree with EVERYTHING you have said! I have said the same thing.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben has had some minor injuries but nothing career threatening. People have this surgery everyday, its far from uncommon and your appendix more than likely has nothing to do with the bike accident. It's just something that happens, unfortunately it happened to Ben, but better now then in the middle of season.

Too bad it couldnt have waited till our bye week atleast !!

Thread Information