Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Experts"?

Bookmark and Share

"Experts"?

Let's go back in time almost two weeks. At halftime of the Steelers-Ravens game Phil Simms says something to the effect "the Ravens could be winning this game" What????
    With like 82 yards of offense and no passing game? How could they have been winning?
    I used to respect Simms.

The whole time since, I have heard at least 75% of the "experts" predict a Cardinals victory-I could understand that if it was a 1, 2, 3, or even 4 point spread. But at 7? If I'm not wrong, Vegas sets the line so they can make money. Does that mean the Steelers could lose? Sure. But I'd believe more in the "experts" if I knew they were going to be betting on their SB picks. I'm thinking if they are betting it's not on the Cardinals.

Why do I let this stuff bother me when it means nothing? Because I am a proud Steelers fan and I hate to be dissed.

My Mood
    Addicted

Are the Steelers the real underdogs?

Judging from all of the NFL shows, I kind of feel like the Steelers are the actual underdogs in this game. If you disregard the Steelers being 7 point favorites, I would say way more than half of the analysts are picking a Cardinals win, and the analysts picking the Steelers are picking them by 1,2, or 3 points. I realize that the picks might not really mean anything, and all that really matters is the score of the game at the end of the day, but am I wrong? Or does it really seem like everyones talking about the Cardinals like they're the Patriots of last year, and the Steelers like they're the Giants..
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 01-30-2009 at 08:50 PM.

The fact is everyone in the media wants as many viewers as possible watching Sunday's game. What better way to get them than pushing the "Cinderella" story?

Tailgate Coordinator
    I don't care who others pick. It doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Doesn't really bother me too much either, most of them don't know at all what they're talking about, I'm just wondering if they really think that the Steelers won't win this game..or if it really is all about the media hype.

Tailgate Coordinator
    This thread needs merged with the other thread on here." Are the Steelers the real underdogs".

I'm A "Champion"

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeeffectsnows View Post
    The fact is everyone in the media wants as many viewers as possible watching Sunday's game. What better way to get them than pushing the "Cinderella" story?

You hit the nail on the head! It is the media's job to hype the game up to boost the viewers who watch! If everybody was throwing in for the same team and talking about a blowout, less people would watch it.

Talk won't help the Cards when the whistle blows.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

no one wants to see a successful team have more success....no one wanted the patriots to win last year because it gets old. no one is surprised the steelers are there, but everyone is shocked the cards are

I agree ktrain. But in the Pats SB's against Philly and Carolina (7 point favorites in both), I don't remember the underdogs being pushed on us so much.

we're favored by 7 points. we're not underdogs. just because SOME of the analysts aren't picking us to win and SOME voting polls are picking the cardinals doesn't make us underdogs.

in every other week in football, the team that isn't favored are the underdogs. the media is stupid.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information