Thread: 2006 Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

2006 Steelers?

What do you guys think the 2006 Steelers will look like? I'm thinking they will be more of a passing team this year just based on the projected starters. I don't see us pounding the ball and controlling games like we did when Bettis started. Willie is a nice RB but he isn't a big back like The Bus or Staley for that matter.
    I do think we can still pound the ball if we start Staley and then bring in Willie for 3rd down plays or to give Staley a break. Haynes could also do the same. We pound the D with Staley to wear them out then bring in "fast Willie" to break it open.......

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I imagine Ben, probably is lobbying to open up the offense more. I would expect a nice balance between running and passing this season.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I think it really depends on if we see any WR's standout other than Ward. We're passing a lot more though in recent years even with a receiving groups who isn't as good as some people have thought they could be.

As always though, everything hinges on the offensive line. We went 6-10 a few years ago because our O-line was bad and some players got injured and that can't happen if we want to go all the way again.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wilson came on great at the end of last year. Hopefully he will pickup where he left off. I think Holmes will be a big help by the end of the year too. And Miller is a great TE. I'd like to see us use him a little more.
    The problem with our O-line that year was it was too thin and a couple key guys got hurt. I'd like to think we have a little depth there this year just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    The problem with our O-line that year was it was too thin and a couple key guys got hurt. I'd like to think we have a little depth there this year just in case.
    Yeah back then guys like Max Starks, Marvel Smith, and Chukky Okobi were too young to make a difference like they do right now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That year could have been a blessing. Those young guys got all that playing time. Without it who knows where they would be now.

I think we should even play staley, hes a wimp and gets injured to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hines Ward 86
    I think we should even play staley, hes a wimp and gets injured to much.
    Im guessing you meant to say we shouldnt play him, and I would disagree. He's not an every down back but he might be better in a 3rd and 1 situation than Parker.

ASU 4 LIFE
    i think it will be pretty much even this year.....if duece stays healthy he would probably take over the roll of the bus....i cant wait to see how many 70 + yard td runs fast willie gets this year...that kid is an animal.

I'll be honest..at the beginning of last season I thought we were screwed with our running game. Willie showed the entire country that he is for real and capped it with his record-setting SB run.

Statley might have as many TDs as Willie though if he plays the same role as the Bus, so hopefully Willie is able to take that role of getting a huge chunk of the yards and having someone else score the touchdown.

Thread Information