Thread: Thank you Peter Angelos and Orioles Management

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Thank you Peter Angelos and Orioles Management

Sam Perlozzo is FIRED! Better Luck to him else where. I'm a Pirates fan yes and you may find it hard how I can like the Orioles, but my dad got me to like the Orioles and the Pirates at the same time.

LET THE HOUSE CLEANING IN BALTIMORE BEGIN!

Something the Pirates can learn from

Perlozzo dismissed as O's manager
    Bullpen coach Trembley takes over on interim basis
    By Tom Singer / MLB.com

The Orioles dismissed manager Sam Perlozzo on Monday and replaced him on an interim basis with bullpen coach Dave Trembley.

The club made the announcment at a press conference at Camden Yards.

Club executives have begun the process of recruiting their reported top choice as permanent replacement, Joe Girardi, according to published reports. Trembley will manage the Orioles beginning with Tuesday night's Interleague game in San Diego.

Perlozzo will be invited to remain with the organization, said Mike Flanagan, the Orioles' executive vice president of baseball operations.

"We felt Sam was prepared [and] the club was prepared to do battle every night," Flanagan said. "For some reason it just wasn't working."

The shakeup comes in the wake of a 1-8 homestand and eight-game losing streak that buried the Orioles deeper into the American League East basement. With a record of 29-40, Baltimore is 15 1/2 games behind division-leading Boston.

Furthermore, the moves follow a very public admission that the offseason $42 million overhaul of the bullpen has flopped. Danys Baez, signed to a three-year, $19 million deal, was placed on the disabled list after a string of ineffective outings. Todd Williams was released, five months after being signed as a free agent.

Perlozzo's moves with that bullpen came under intense scrutiny for weeks, beginning with his May 13 decision to remove starter Jeremy Guthrie with one out in the ninth inning with a 5-0 lead at Boston.

The bullpen that night collapsed into a 6-5 loss that day. The worst ninth-inning meltdown in Orioles history began the Perlozzo Watch, which ended on Monday.

"We do feel we have a very good team, a very good organization," Flanagan said. "We've changed things the last few years and we still believe we have a very good organization."

Perlozzo had a cumulative record of 122-164 since succeeding Lee Mazzilli as manager on Aug. 4, 2005.

Furthermore, according to a report by ESPN, the Orioles have also hired former Chicago Cubs president Andy MacPhail as their chief operating officer. MacPhail would replace Joe Foss, who resigned from the club earlier this season. There was no mention of MacPhail during Flanagan's opening remarks.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    The O's need more help then just firing there manager

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    at least this is a step in the right direction for us

i thought he was doing better than the lsat three incompetent managers but this string of pathetic play shows tht he just cant inspire his players to do well
    i dont believe tht there arent any good players on the Orioles squad
    they are full of talent

hopefully the Os FO can find a good replacement who can lead them to .500 this season and thje playoffs next year

or maybe they just need to find a way to switch divisions
    itd help...

and i think it would be better if we could find some way to fire Peter Angelos and get a competent owner in this deal too
    Last edited by steelcurtain09; 06-18-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Definantly. Now we just need Pete to sell. He's getting better now.

Thread Information