Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers Have No Elite Players?

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

The Steelers Have No Elite Players?

If you believe in Pete Prisco's NFL player rankings, the Steelers are lacking in impact players. In his new listing of his Top 50 players in the NFL, no Steeler makes the cut. Troy Polamalu and Casey Hampton are listed as guys who just missed the list, but no member of the Black and Gold is considered worthy of a Top 50 ranking.

In case you're wondering, the Bengals have two players (Carson Palmer, No. 5 and Chad Johnson, No. 7) in the top 10, while the Ravens have three (Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden) who made the cut.

As crazy as that might sound, it's hard to argue too much. I think Polamalu should be on the list instead of Jets safety Kerry Rhodes, but last year wasn't Polamalu's best work, and Hampton misses out while equally impressive Chargers run-plugger Jamaal Williams just scrapes by at No. 50, so that seems fair.

What it really point to is the Steelers need for some of their younger stars to take a couple of steps forward. Ideally Willie Parker (who should have at least been on the honorable mention list), Ben Roethlisberger, Heath Miller or Santonio Holmes will work his way onto the list in future years, but just two years after winning the Super Bowl the Steelers are a little bereft of truly elite talent. Of course the Super Bowl victory proved something else as well--you don't have to have anyone among the Top 10 players in the league to win a title. When Prisco last did these rankings, only Polamalu and Roethlisberger made the list.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    A TEAM of nobodys is better than a group of Somebodys

not even Ward the best possesion and blocking wr in the game OK.

Well, if the guy means that the Steelers don't have a group of prima donnas who think they are the greatest things since the invention of shoulder pads, then I suppose he has a point.

Well that list of nobodys won the SB two years ago and what have the Bengals and Ravens done lately....I would take out bunch of "no ones" that can win as a team instead of a couple guys that stand out that haven't won anything.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    A TEAM of nobodys is better than a group of Somebodys
    I don't think it could of been said any better than this! Besides... these are always a matter of someone else's opinion and I'm sure we all have our own opinion too!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Prisco really doesn't like us, so it doesn't surprise me that he finds so little good.

Think about it--with only 2 (or less) "elite" players, we won a SB. That's pretty impressive

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Prisco is one the biggest asses out there I never pay any attention to this tool.........

I bet any HC out there would trade their right nut to get a safety like Troy Polamalu. So he is an elite player....

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Prisco is one the biggest asses out there I never pay any attention to this tool.........

I bet any HC out there would trade their right nut to get a safety like Troy Polamalu. So he is an elite player....
    Don't think I would have put it quite the same way...(LOL!)....but I definately agree!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Yeah--I'd like to meet the coach that would turn Troy away lol
    In fact, I believe we have several players that no coach would turn down--we always have several guys in the pro bowl.

Troy has been listed ALWAYS in the top 3 (and generally at the 1-2 spot) in anybody else's rankings that I've ever seen.

Thread Information