Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who over Willie???

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Who over Willie???

Who in the NFL would you rather have starting at runningback over Willie Parker?

Willie has done some great things in his short time in the NFL, but there are Steelers fans on both sides of the fence with him.

I know what Willie brings to the table and I'm also aware of his weaknesses.

No runningback in the NFL brings more "homerun" potential to every carry than Parker. He is a good receiver out of the backfield because he is great in space and can take away the angle from defenders.

He could improve at the point of contact and running between the tackles when the hole is not there. I think he needs to have more patience while running and things will open up. While he is elusive because of his speed he doesn't have great "wiggle"... he needs to get better at shaking the tackler one on one. Unfortunately, I think that is something you are born with and can't be taught.

Having said that I love what Wille does and I'm sure I'll love what he will do in the future.

All things considered, if I could have anyone in the NFL over him it would be...

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
    2. Larry Johnson
    3. Frank Gore
    4. Steven Jackson

Close but no cigar...

1. Maurice Jones-Drew
    2. Reggie Bush
    3. Adrian Peterson

Your thoughts?... (don't flame me)

My Mood
    Horny
    L T hands down!!!!

i do think that the steelers need to throw it to willie out if the backfield WAY more than they do now as fast as he is that would open up so much more!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well LanDanian for starters.....But after that I don't know for sure.....

Ok Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson and Reggie Bush all come to mind but we will find out how good LJ is this year with the losses he has suffered from his OLine...Now if he still puts up the numbers then case closed....

As for Steven Jackson he is a really good RB and has power that Steelers fans love....

As for Reggie Bush the guy is going to be special...I think he is going to tear the NFL up for years to come with his special talents..

I want to see Gore and Drew do it again before I pick them over Willie Parker...

Remember Willie is still coming into his own as a RB and finally has an offense that plays to his strengths....I think to much at times Cowher had Willie sticking to the original hole and didn't let Willie use his instincts more....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Remember Willie is still coming into his own as a RB and finally has an offense that plays to his strengths....I think to much at times Cowher had Willie sticking to the original hole and didn't let Willie use his instincts more....
    Great points... especially this.

My list might be much snaller than this after this year.

LT, LJ, Jackson, and Bush are obviously worthy of consideration.

I like Drew and Gore because they are natural runners... they were born to do this. Their vision and instincts are incredible, they seem to be a step ahead of the defense and two steps ahead at the point of contact. I've followed Gore since high school but just recently started watching Drew and I'm very impressed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well LanDanian for starters.....But after that I don't know for sure.....

Ok Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson and Reggie Bush all come to mind but we will find out how good LJ is this year with the losses he has suffered from his OLine...Now if he still puts up the numbers then case closed....

As for Steven Jackson he is a really good RB and has power that Steelers fans love....

As for Reggie Bush the guy is going to be special...I think he is going to tear the NFL up for years to come with his special talents..

I want to see Gore and Drew do it again before I pick them over Willie Parker...

I think if Willie continues to improve and now being in a system that suits his talents more this kid is going to be a major force in the league for a long time to come. The kid has all the talent in the world and the best part about it is his best is yet to come.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I like Willie and think he'll get better over the next 2 years, but I'd take LT and Stephen Jackson in a heartbeat over him. I think Frank Gore and Maurice Jones-Drew will also show people why they belong in the leagues elite this year.

LT a no brainer,,,,,,,,,Maybe LJ

But i'm a homer & have all the confidence that FWP can get the job done and put up great FF numbers also

I'd take LT for sure! But, as others have said, it seems as though Tomlin and BA are setting the stage for Willie to have a great year/career. So, I'll reserve any other picks until next year.

Go Willie!!

Sig by BR7

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    lt of course, johnson would be good too, maybe gore

but our offense is changing, and it could benefit willie a lot, and he could have a big year this year, running and catching the ball
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Most definitely LT after that LJ, he ran pretty well behind a beat up OL last year. I think with Cowher gone and Tomlin's new offense, we'll be seeing a very different FWP.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information