Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Position battles

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Position battles

There are certain position that no matter what anyone says, we all know who will be starting there. Ben, Troy, Willie, Hines, Casey as well as most of the other ones however there are some key position battles going on right now that could very well be owned by younger players when it's all said and done.

What positions are you most interested in watching and who do you want to see win those battles ?

For me Im hoping Anthony Smith gets the job over Ryan Clark because he's the future for us and the guy is a wicked hitter. I think he has a huge upside. Ryan is as solid as it gets so I won't be upset if he's the starter but I do hope Smith gets that job this season at some point.

I'd really like to see Mahan start at Center, Kemoeatu at RG, and Colon at RT. I like Starks a lot but it doesn't appear that he'll be here next year and I'd like for us to establish a solid OL that will stay intact as much as possible.

There's other position battles too but those are 2 that I'd like to see have young / new guys take over.

I would like to see McFadden get the nod at corner over Townsend... and I would also like to see Colon get a shot at right tackle. I think we all want to see more of Anthony Smith.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm with you BB2W....I think McFadden, Colon and Smith all should start and would add alot to the lineup...Plus Townsend is the perfect nickel corner....since he is a really good blitzer.....I would love to see Max Starks with his size dominate but he is so inconsistent and I just love Colon's attitude....As for Anthony Smith the kid is a baller....He can hit and is a ballhawk....

I would love to see Woodley start in place of Haggans...But I think that would asking alot from the young man....But we will see alot of him this year for sure...

I think James Harrison will have the inside track a replacing Porter.

i want to see the linebacker battle more than anything

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im anxious to see Woodley and Timmons go at it for more playing time as well. James and Clark have the nod going into camp but they better watch their backs because the young guys will be pushing them.

woodley ends up starting over haggans at some point this year

i think harrison will be a beast for us and timmons will get alot of playing time, im not to worried about his little injury

Well it's a win,win whoever wins the job's earned them

Best battle IMO will be smith & clark though

1. ANHONY SMITH I really hope to see him start because I believe this guys a beast and I told all my friends to watch out for him .I hope if or when he starts he will show everybody that we have the best Safty douos in the leagus and if our corner can play good possibly secondary, and Mike Tomlin can give that to us.

2. McFadden and Townsend. I hope McFadden gets this spot becuase he looks really good right now nd with a ittle experience and Ike Taylor doing good. thats just exciting thinking about. though Townsend wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

3. Mahan and Okobi. Both are solid and wouldn't mind seeing any one at center. I do think Mahan mightr be a little better though but I never saw Okobi this year.

4. kick/punt returner. Coclough, Reid, Holmes, new kid Jackson our special teams needs a spark and think Reid can give us that. but Jackson I would like to see how he does too.

5. I would like to see Colon get a spot or Kemotou but when Faneca leaves then we'll really see.

6. Rb's I think its Willie and Davenport, but Hayes has fire because of his injurys and Barlow definetly has something to prove.

7. What about the Wrs Ward and Holmes is 1 and 2 but what about 3 Washington, Reid, Wilson, Chris Baker the touchdown maker, or even that new kid catching our punts at practice.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would be a lot more worried about Reid not being here if we didn't have Jackson or even Dallas Baker who can also play ST. I want Reid to get in and contribute for us but atleast we have some options if he can't.

Thread Information