Thread: Spread em out

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Spread em out

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Good article discussing the new wrinkles in the offense with Hines Ward. Yes, the Steelers are trying to move in the Colts direction with their offense and I am excited to see it in action. I think with these spread formations we are also going to see FWP break off some big runs out of those sets. Less men in the box means he makes one person miss and its off to the races. September just can't come soon enough!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Nice link

Can't wait to see this new & hopefully improved offense

Don't care if we throw it,,,,,,,,Run it,,,,,,,,,,whatever as long as it's a "W"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is going to be awesome..I mean just think about it ! We already have a way better defense than the Colts do year in and year out...now if we get our offense working like their's does we could be a dominating machine in the league !

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    Nice link

Can't wait to see this new & hopefully improved offense

Don't care if we throw it,,,,,,,,Run it,,,,,,,,,,whatever as long as it's a "W"

That is how I feel for sure...I love the power run game but winning is better

If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl... anyone can win a Super Bowl. That means the Steelers must have a pretty good shot.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    That is how I feel for sure...I love the power run game but winning is better

I agree about the Win but we can't have a repeat of the 2002 season( quick scoring and keeping our defense on the field). They need to stay balanced and control the clock to keep our defense fresh.

Yes, and as I said in a previous thread, a completion for 4 is as good as a rush for 4 with regards to the clock. The important part is clock management and low drop numbers. If a QB's completion rate is 75%, that eats plenty of clock.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    I agree about the Win but we can't have a repeat of the 2002 season( quick scoring and keeping our defense on the field). They need to stay balanced and control the clock to keep our defense fresh.
    the way that Tomlin is preaching running the ball, balance, more diverse passing game, improves ST; I can't help but think we'll be anything but predictable or 1 dimensional.

My Mood
    Angry
    Spread 'em out???

Hines is the only solid receiver the Steelers have and I'll believe Heath Miller is more involved when I see it. The rest of the receivers are second tier-Grade B players that are going to have to raise their games to new levels in order for the spread to be effective.

Ben better hope he plays half as well as Tom Brady/Peyton Manning if he expects this to work or it wont be too long before he's handing the ball off to Willie Parker on most downs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    One can only wonder how much of the progress of our young WR's has been hampered by being in the system they've been in during the Cowher era. Now Im certainly not saying Nate & Cedric are going to the pro bowl in 2007 but I do think that Holmes and the rest of our WR corp have a lot to prove and they're getting the opportunity to do it.

It's definitely time to put up or shut up because as camp gets closer everybody is getting the chance to stake their claim for a roster spot and contribute on this team.

If Ben is able to play smart and make plays like he did for us his first 2 years in the league then we've got the makings of a great offense but there is still much work to be done. All indications so far are positive though, and that's definitely encouraging.

Thread Information