Thread: Culpepper to Jags?

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Culpepper to Jags?

Culpepper to Jags?

Recent reports on the NFL Network have hinted at Jacksonville as a possible destination for Miami quarterback Daunte Culpepper, whose tenure is in jeopardy now that the Dolphins have traded for Kansas City's Trent Green.

While league rules prohibit Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio from commenting about Culpepper, because he is currently under contract with the Dolphins, one thing the coach made clear after organized team activities Wednesday is that the only way Culpepper comes to Jacksonville is as a backup to Byron Leftwich.

"We don't rule any players out," Del Rio said. "Obviously, I like our quarterback situation. I've been on record. I've said it countless times."

Instead of naming Culpepper specifically when addressing reporters about the possibility of acquiring him, Del Rio referred to him in one instance as "a quarterback south of here."

"We consider all possibilities," he said. "Right now, he's on another roster. I don't think it makes any sense for me to sit up here and talk about something that's on another roster."

Instead of discussing Culpepper any further, Del Rio preferred to rave about Leftwich's performance during Wednesday's drills, specifically the blitz portion of the workout.

Leftwich connected on several throws during the blitz period, including a long pass over the middle to receiver Dennis Northcutt.

"That's as sharp as he's looked. That's the sharpest we've looked offensively, and obviously there's a lot to be done," Del Rio said. "But I like the signs I'm seeing."

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    I don't see this happenning unless they trade Leftwich or Gerrard.

I read yesterday that the Steelers should be one team that looks into Culpepper. I don't think we should though. I'm happy with our QB situation.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

Gold Standard

Just say NO to Culpepper thoughts

Culpepper sucks ***. He had 1 good year with a receiver nobody could stop (Randy Moss). When Moss left so too did Culpeppers success.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information