Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parker doesn't mind sharing the load

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok something you cant expect him to do is put up big numbers against SD and JAX...the jax game was impossible, they tried to put him up the middle against mammoths. I blame cowhers gameplan alot for his shortcomings against teams that know how to play defense
    at some point you got to stop blaming cowhers for the players short comings.......... willie couldn't do **** against really any team with legit defenes these last two years, especially on the road......... i hope he has learned to play on the road, cause road games are very important
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i like willie a lot, probably my 4th favorite player on the team.......... but for me to get off his case he's gonna have to do what he does on the road more often, not just when we play cleveland......... i wanna see him make an impact against good defenses, which he hasn't on the road very much
    Ok against the Chargers last year Willie had 14 carries for 57 yards with a TD. Thats 4.1 yards per carry and the Chargers had a very good defense....If Parker gets the ball more in that game then he tops 100 yards....He had 14 carries for 70 yards against Denver with a TD...Yes it wasn't on the road but the Broncos still have a good defense....

Yes he struggled bad vs the Jags and Ravens (both times).....But the whole Steelers offense didn't do much in those three games...So it just wasn't Willie that struggled in those three games....

All I'm saying people need to quit knocking since he is one of the best players on the team and has exceeded our expectatons by far....

Hey LaDanian Tomlinson has been shut down the last two times he has faced the Steelers...I'm not comparing LT to Willie so don't go there...Just saying even the greatest RB in the game gets shut down by very good defenses at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    at some point you got to stop blaming cowhers for the players short comings.......... willie couldn't do **** against really any team with legit defenes these last two years, especially on the road......... i hope he has learned to play on the road, cause road games are very important
    cowher tried to plug willie in an offense that was built around the bus for 10 years, sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. You know cowhers gameplans were weak

I like Willie and I don't consider myself a doubter, but I would like to see him be more consistant. I beleive in the kid and he obviously can be a starting runningback in this league but I also think he can improve in some areas...

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    We will see Willie do what we expect him to do with this new offense that will involve a 3 TE set. This will bunch the defense and allow Willie to use his speed on the edge.
    As ststed by K-train, our offense was built for a powerback and now it need to be revamped for speed. They have to adapt the offense to suit Willies strength. Example, Hershel Walker had the same problem when his strength was playing from the I- formation in Dallas which allowed him to play further back to find a hole and then when he was traded the the Vikings, he played singleback offset and pro formations that worked against him.

Thread Information