Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parker doesn't mind sharing the load

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah that Curtis Martin guy was a real softy

Parker is not soft, the dude runs extremely hard for his size and speed. He falls forward and hits the hole hard. He might not be as strong as a big guy but he runs bigger than he is.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ..He might not be as strong as a big guy but he runs bigger than he is.
    I like that! Well stated in one sentence or under K Train
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 06-03-2007 at 06:36 PM.

House of Steel
    I couldn't had said it better, K Train. Nice Quote!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I guess breaking a Super Bowl record for longest TD in Super Bowl history.....Breaking the Steelers single season TD record....Breaking the Steelers single game rushing marks...Also being the only back to have 2 200 rushing yard games in franchise history isn't enough for some people?

I don't know what Willie Parker has to do for some people to get off his back? The guy was an undrafted FA....I think its safe to say he has passed all of our expectations and then some...Plus he has shown to be one of the best RBs in the NFL the last two years...He has done all of this in offense that didn't fit his strengths... When Willie runs for 1500-1700 yards this years and with double digit TDs again then will all the doubters go away?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Honestly I think Willie will probably always have his doubters regardless of what he does because he's not the prototypical Steelers RB that we've all been using to seeing since Franco. I love what the kid brings to our offense, I hope he does rush for 1500 yds and 15 TD's , that would be awesome and he's definitely capable of doing it.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Honestly I think Willie will probably always have his doubters regardless of what he does because he's not the prototypical Steelers RB that we've all been using to seeing since Franco. I love what the kid brings to our offense, I hope he does rush for 1500 yds and 15 TD's , that would be awesome and he's definitely capable of doing it.
    I understand he isn't the typical power RB that Steelers fans are used to seeing...But I just don't why some people still question him? I think he has proven himself to be a very good NFL RB...Some Steelers fans just need to get over the fact he isn't a big power RB.....

seriously, dont knock the guy because he isnt fat lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I guess breaking a Super Bowl record for longest TD in Super Bowl history.....Breaking the Steelers single season TD record....Breaking the Steelers single game rushing marks...Also being the only back to have 2 200 rushing yard games in franchise history isn't enough for some people?

I don't know what Willie Parker has to do for some people to get off his back? The guy was an undrafted FA....I think its safe to say he has passed all of our expectations and then some...Plus he has shown to be one of the best RBs in the NFL the last two years...He has done all of this in offense that didn't fit his strengths... When Willie runs for 1500-1700 yards this years and with double digit TDs again then will all the doubters go away?
    i like willie a lot, probably my 4th favorite player on the team.......... but for me to get off his case he's gonna have to do what he does on the road more often, not just when we play cleveland......... i wanna see him make an impact against good defenses, which he hasn't on the road very much
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

ok something you cant expect him to do is put up big numbers against SD and JAX...the jax game was impossible, they tried to put him up the middle against mammoths. I blame cowhers gameplan alot for his shortcomings against teams that know how to play defense

Thread Information