Thread: Harrison will be great,,,,,,,,,

Bookmark and Share

Harrison will be great,,,,,,,,,

According to solomon wilcotts,,,,,

He said on sirius radio yesterday that Harrison is better then porter at this point of there career's,,,,,,,,Also said just sit back & watch how he's going
    to disrupt offenses,,,,,,

He also said that the pittsburgh steelers will surprise alot of teams this year !

I really enjoy wilcotts commentary on the N.F.L.

He never cuts corners & tells it like it is,,,,,,,, These comments on harrison,
    coming from a former LB has really got me looking forward to seeing him as
    a full time starter

BLITZBURGH NATION WILL BE BACK IN FULL THROTTLE IN '07,,,,,

Gold Standard
    I don't think he is telling us (Steeler Fans) something that we don't already know. In what little we have seen of him (when he's healthy) he has been a beast! He has never played an entire season as a starter so it remains to be seen whether he can keep up that high level of intensity that he plays with for a whole season. Lots of players can go full bore for short spurts, few can maintain it. It will be exciting to watch. Not surprising that the Steelers are not anybodies pre-season favorite. Even when we (the Steelers) have been great, people have always overlooked them because we are not the glamorous team like the Cowgirls or the Sexty-Niners. It's okay though because I love when the Steelers have been able to fly under the radar and then obliterate those "favorite" teams like we did a few years back in our 15-1 season (Patriots & Eagles in back to back weeks. Previous years SuperBowl teams.) I am sure you all remember those games. We rammed the ball down their throats with our power running game and they couldn't stop it! I was an obnoxious fan to be around that whole season!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Guys when Porter was injured last year did we REALLY miss his play? Harrison and subsiquent replacements did a great job for us at OLB.

It could possibly be argued that becuase of the play of Harrison we could let Joey go?????

Harrison also reminds me a lot of Jason Gildon.... what ever happened to him?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well Jason Gildon last played for the Steelers in 2003...I think the Bills or Jags signed him after the Steelers released him....He basically started to slow down due to his age....He was a great player....

As for Joey Porter...Well him and Clark Haggans didn't get enough consistent pressure on the QB last year....The Dline had more QB pressures then the OLBs....In a 3-4 your OLBs must dominate and make big plays...Last year that didn't happen enough...

As for James Harrison, I think he is a fine player...Only question surrounding him is he has never started a full season in the NFL...It will be interesting to see how he holds up the whole year...

yep looking forward to a season of this guy for us at OLB

Enjoy

heck even our punter is getting in on the action too

go steelers!!!!

I am expecting big things from Harrison he has been a work horse for us and seems to have a motor that doesn't stop.

Thanks House of Steel for the sig and avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well Jason Gildon last played for the Steelers in 2003...I think the Bills or Jags signed him after the Steelers released him....He basically started to slow down due to his age....He was a great player....

As for Joey Porter...Well him and Clark Haggans didn't get enough consistent pressure on the QB last year....The Dline had more QB pressures then the OLBs....In a 3-4 your OLBs must dominate and make big plays...Last year that didn't happen enough...

As for James Harrison, I think he is a fine player...Only question surrounding him is he has never started a full season in the NFL...It will be interesting to see how he holds up the whole year...

Harrison has the chance to be the next great Steeler linebacker. He's been able to learn behind some outstanding players and get all the teaching he needs from Lebeau and company so he's got the tools to succeed. Now it's time for him to stay healthy and show us what he's got. Im looking forward to him coming out this season and just flat out bringing the heat and being the force we need from the OLB spot in our defense.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Harrison has the chance to be the next great Steeler linebacker. He's been able to learn behind some outstanding players and get all the teaching he needs from Lebeau and company so he's got the tools to succeed. Now it's time for him to stay healthy and show us what he's got. Im looking forward to him coming out this season and just flat out bringing the heat and being the force we need from the OLB spot in our defense.
    Plus with Coach LeBeau coming up with interesting ways to use Keisel this year....this could lead to alot of confusion and open things up for the OLBs.....Another thing that will help is having those young rookie legs to spell both Haggans and Harrison......I think this defense will be just as confusing and nasty for the offenses we play this year....

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    It is going to be fun to watch this year. That is for sure.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information