Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated of all time...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Most overrated of all time...

Since we have another thread that Lyn started about the most underrated Steelers of all time, how bout the ones that were the most overrated. Im not talking about total busts here like Troy Edwards or Zo Jackson but guys that are just overrated and maybe didn't live up fully to their expectations yet still contributed.

Eric Greene could be on this list, he performed well for us when he played early on but he fizzed out way too soon... he got into trouble and started to fall out of the offense but for a time he was unstoppable.

Reppin' 724
    So far....Big Ben....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think we can put Ben on that list yet considering what he's accomplished in his first 3 years in the league it's hard to argue with his success. I think if he comes out this year and plays terrible then maybe I'd consider it but at this point given what happened to the whole team last year overall I can't put him on this yet by any stretch as of yet.

Regardless of what he's done last year there's now way that we would have made it to the Super Bowl and won it without him.

Another one on this list would have to be Charles Johnson. He was a 1st round pick and while he was a starter and made plays for us he just never really turned into that super star, go to guy that we all hoped he'd be.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I don't think we can put Ben on that list yet considering what he's accomplished in his first 3 years in the league it's hard to argue with his success. I think if he comes out this year and plays terrible then maybe I'd consider it but at this point given what happened to the whole team last year overall I can't put him on this yet by any stretch as of yet.

Regardless of what he's done last year there's now way that we would have made it to the Super Bowl and won it without him.

Another one on this list would have to be Charles Johnson. He was a 1st round pick and while he was a starter and made plays for us he just never really turned into that super star, go to guy that we all hoped he'd be.
    Well "his" success is the teams success. We could have won the SB with another QB in there....and we could have gone 15-1 with another QB as well, IMO. I think Ben is overrated b/c at this point in his career he is considered a franchise QB, and he isn't yet. A franchise QB puts the franchise before himself, and he hasn't done that yet. Until he proves otherwise...he is overated.

I always thought Dwight Stone was overated too.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Well "his" success is the teams success. We could have won the SB with another QB in there....and we could have gone 15-1 with another QB as well, IMO. I think Ben is overrated b/c at this point in his career he is considered a franchise QB, and he isn't yet. A franchise QB puts the franchise before himself, and he hasn't done that yet. Until he proves otherwise...he is overated.

I always thought Dwight Stone was overated too.
    Your crazy if you think we could've won the SB with another QB. If we had Peyton or Brady we still would've been 8-8 or at best 10-6 which would've gotten us a playoff spot, but FAR from the SB. QB's can't be stars when they are on their backs. Regardless of what you think about Ben's talent you have to admit he is one of the best at shaking off tackles and he still was on his back more than most. What was it, 48 sacks? You can't produce big numbers that way! imho

I just realized you were talking about the SB year. Too much booze! But I still disagree. We could've won the SB with another QB, but we would'nt have gotten there!
    Last edited by RckyMtnStlrFan; 05-29-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Sig by BR7

kendall simmons

Kordell Stewart

Yeah, Kordell gets my vote.

Sig by BR7

Starter
    Judging from what Ive heard I would say Ben is underrated not overrated.

Kordell Stewart who was gonna be the next ( at the time ) Randall Cunningham.
    Also Mark Bruner TE 1st round pick i think
    Amos Zeroue RB had a lot fo promise but ultimately was rubbish.

Thread Information