Thread: Bonds: 'I'm not worried about the Hall'

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Bonds: 'I'm not worried about the Hall'

FULL ARTICLE

Bonds: 'I'm not worried about the Hall'

Associated Press
    Posted: 5 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) - As Barry Bonds nears his record 756th home run, he's stockpiling quite a collection of souvenirs — bats, balls, helmets and spikes, pieces of baseball history perfectly suited for the Hall of Fame.

Whether he'll donate any of them to Cooperstown, however, is in doubt.

"I'm not worried about the Hall," the San Francisco slugger said during a recent homer drought. "I take care of me."

No wonder those at the museum are getting concerned, especially with Bonds only 10 homers shy of breaking Hank Aaron's career mark.

"There's uncertainty," Hall vice president Jeff Idelson acknowledged.

Around 35,000 artifacts are shown and stored at the shrine, and about a dozen pertain to Bonds.

There is a bat from his rookie year and cleats from him becoming the first player in the 400-homer/400-steal club. Unsolicited, he sent the bat and ball from his 2,000th hit. A batting practice bat from the 2002 World Series was the last thing Bonds provided.

"Doesn't everybody have the right to decide to do it or not do it?" he said last week.

The most prized items, the ones that fans would really want to see, are missing.

Nothing directly from Bonds to highlight his 500th home run. Ditto for homers 714 and 715, when he tied and passed Babe Ruth. Same for anything tied to him topping Mark McGwire's single-season total of 70.

Hall president Dale Petroskey went to visit Bonds at spring training last year, and instead walked smack into his reality show. The Giants talked to Bonds this year, and hope he'll be in a giving mood as the big moment comes and goes.

Typical ******* he needs a

on him !!!!!!!

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    Typical ******* he needs a

on him !!!!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

House of Steel
    All I got to say is this: F*CK the Steroid Lover Bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    All I got to say is this: F*CK the Steroid Lover Bonds.
    Don't hold back HOS,,,,,,,,,Tell us how you really feel

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Keep rubbing the cream/clear Barry all the way to the Home Run Record.....I say if you want to keep your **** then keep your ****.....Its your **** and this is America...lol Screw the haters you're the best player my generation.....

Only player in MLB history with 500 HRs/STs......Only player in history with over 400 in both of those stats also.....He just roided like most in players in baseball did in the late 90s and early 2000s. If all of you think the NFL is clean then you got your heads in the sand... You can't test for HGH and I bet at least 60 percent of NFL players are taking HGH and I don't care...The NFL is going great......
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 05-29-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I'm not surprised by bond's response. What I will never understand. Is what the **** is the big deal? Bonds NEVER failed a drug test.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Reppin' 724
    Typical Bonds....not realizing he doesn't get paid a ****ing dime to play a GAME without the fans.....but in his head the fans wouldn't exist without him.

I can't wait till he gets passed over the first time for the hall. I guarantee you he is still cheating. Here's to Bonds having a heart attack before he breaks the record.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Typical Bonds....not realizing he doesn't get paid a ****ing dime to play a GAME without the fans.....but in his head the fans wouldn't exist without him.

I can't wait till he gets passed over the first time for the hall. I guarantee you he is still cheating. Here's to Bonds having a heart attack before he breaks the record.

Ok if the voters keep him out of the Hall....Then why should Bonds donate some of his **** to the Hall?.....Typical B.S. from the I hate Bonds club.....Boy wishing physical harm on somebody...Thats real classy Teemont........ I wouldn't even go that far with my hatred for Peyton Manning...lol

Most baseball fans have always hated him even before the roids issue thanks to the media painting him to be the Anti Christ.....Is Barry Bonds a nice person or classy person? I would say not at all but he isn't getting paid to be....He has gotten paid millions to play baseball to the best of his abilities and thats what he has done....

I'll end this little conversation with one of my favorite Bonds quotes......"Everybody Didn't like Jesus Christ"....... Now thats classic Barry Bonds......
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 05-29-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    There are players that are in the hall that juiced. Bonds should be in the hall. So should rose.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information