Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Peyton Manning?

Ok Teemont, just sent me a gift to remind how great Peyton Manning is. Like he has done in the past...The guy is a great QB and I never said he wasn't...I still think he hasn't answered all his play-off question marks in my mind. Yes he did finally win the Super Bowl. Plus he brought the Colts back in the AFC title game and that was impressive. In fact thats the best Peyton ever looked in a play-off game. But his overall numbers in these past play-offs (including Super Bowl) was 3 TD's and 7 INTs. Thats terrible

Which leads me to my question....Why do some Steelers fans like Peyton? There is nothing Steelers Football about Peyton Manning. He plays in Dome which sucks. Football is supposed to be played in the elements. He doesn't come from a blue collar back ground. The dude is supposed to be great since his daddy was an NFL QB. In fact he was born to play QB and he really should have more NFL titles since he was better prepared to play QB in the NFL. He throws his team mates under the bus in the media. Like calling out his Oline for having protection issues against the Steelers in the play-offs. Never mind his choking in many of his play-off performances.Plus the guy is very stat minded. Thats why he doesn't take many chances and his INT totals are low. I rather have a QB like Bradshaw or Favre take chances since they have all the confidence in the world they can make any throw and only care about winning instead of caring about their stats.

So answer this question Teemont and all you other Peyton lovers in the Steelers Nation...

Yes he is a great QB and I know he is a very good person...Since he has never been arrested and thats a positive with all the arrests in the NFL. But I can't stand him and never have dating back to his days in college.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The coming years will tell us a lot about Manning. Was last year fluke? Is he able to carry them back to another championship? How much will the FA losses hurt the offense? Now that he's got the monkey off his back we'll really find out what type of QB he is when it comes to repeating !

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The coming years will tell us a lot about Manning. Was last year fluke? Is he able to carry them back to another championship? How much will the FA losses hurt the offense? Now that he's got the monkey off his back we'll really find out what type of QB he is when it comes to repeating !
    I hope he goes down in flames. I don't know why I have never liked Peyton Manning...I worry about how my mind works at times. I understand why I leave alot of people confused. I can be a head case.

I personally have nothing against manning

I always felt bad for his dad,who was on them awful saint teams

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post
    I personally have nothing against manning

I always felt bad for his dad,who was on them awful saint teams
    I live in Indiana also so I put up with Peyton is God talk on a dailey basis. Especially with the Colts fans that I work with. Most of them switch back and forth from the Colts/Bears.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I like Peyton Manning. Not so much as a football player as a person, in general. I am not meaning to minimize his athletic talents, by any stretch. I think he, as a man, is funny, has a great personality, he is compassionate, caring and loving, full of respect and is a hard worker, he is a great guy. You fail to see why Steeler fans like him and I fail to see why you or anyone dislikes him.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    I like Peyton Manning. Not so much as a football player as a person, in general. I am not meaning to minimize his athletic talents, by any stretch. I think he, as a man, is funny, has a great personality, he is compassionate, caring and loving, full of respect and is a hard worker, he is a great guy. You fail to see why Steeler fans like him and I fail to see why you or anyone dislikes him.
    Very true and alot of good points in your post Lyn...I would agree with alot you said about Peyton Manning in that post. I guess living in Indiana just has drove me to the point were I don't like him at all.These Colts fans thinks he walks on water.....Never mind he plays in Dome and has all-pro talent around him on offense throughout his NFL career.

i hate that mother****er and hope he crashes and burns

yeah hes a good QB but thats not why i hate him, i hate him because he takes all the glory and none of the blame...and his commercials are gay lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i hate that mother****er and hope he crashes and burns

yeah hes a good QB but thats not why i hate him, i hate him because he takes all the glory and none of the blame...and his commercials are gay lol
    Post of the day here and I agree totally Train.....

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Very true and alot of good points in your post Lyn...I would agree with alot you said about Peyton Manning in that post. I guess living in Indiana just has drove me to the point were I don't like him at all.These Colts fans thinks he walks on water.....Never mind he plays in Dome and has all-pro talent around him on offense throughout his NFL career.
    I can imagine that living right there would be over the top! I was just speaking from my perspective, far away in Michigan lol
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information