Tailgate Coordinator

Lewis: My guys being profiled

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....40324/1035/SPT

They 'stand out,' he says on radio

By Kevin Goheen
    Post staff reporter

JASON GEIL/Post file photo
    Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis, left, said in a national radio interview with Dan Patrick, "I think there's profiling, no question."

a:link.search_keyword{font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #000066; text-decoration: underline;}a:visited.search_keyword {font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #2424FF;} a:active.search_keyword {font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #2424FF;}.adtext{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;}.linkurl{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000066; text-decoration:none;}.linkurl:hover{text-decoration: underline;}

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said on a national radio interview Wednesday that he believes local law enforcement profiles his players.
    Lewis, speaking on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio, used wide receiver Chris Henry's incident with Cincinnati police on March 25 as an example. Henry was stopped at 1100 Vine St. on March 25 for failing to use a turn signal. Henry was subsequently issued citations for driving without a license and failing to wear a seatbelt.
    All of the citations were later dropped.
    "I think there's profiling, no question," Lewis said. "We're (Cincinnati) a small place - our guys stand out, and they know that, and you've got to do things the right way. But when you are arrested for, or you are pulled over for, not putting on your turn signal, there's something wrong there.
    "Many people make right turns without putting on their turn signals and it's unfortunate that we've had a guy that's pulled over for not putting on his turn signal."
    Lewis did not return a phone message from The Post Wednesday evening seeking further comment.
    Officers from the Cincinnati police public information office were not available for comment Wednesday evening.

People from Ohio never use theier turn signals anyway.
    Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 05-24-2007 at 11:26 PM.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Cry me a ****ing river Lewis!!!!! Once his players set a track record for being up to no good, hell yeah the cops will be keeping a more watchful eye on them. To protect and serve *******!!!

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....40324/1035/SPT

They 'stand out,' he says on radio

By Kevin Goheen
    Post staff reporter

JASON GEIL/Post file photo
    Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis, left, said in a national radio interview with Dan Patrick, "I think there's profiling, no question."

a:link.search_keyword{font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #000066; text-decoration: underline;}a:visited.search_keyword {font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #2424FF;} a:active.search_keyword {font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #2424FF;}.adtext{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;}.linkurl{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000066; text-decoration:none;}.linkurl:hover{text-decoration: underline;}

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said on a national radio interview Wednesday that he believes local law enforcement profiles his players.
    Lewis, speaking on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio, used wide receiver Chris Henry's incident with Cincinnati police on March 25 as an example. Henry was stopped at 1100 Vine St. on March 25 for failing to use a turn signal. Henry was subsequently issued citations for driving without a license and failing to wear a seatbelt.
    All of the citations were later dropped.
    "I think there's profiling, no question," Lewis said. "We're (Cincinnati) a small place - our guys stand out, and they know that, and you've got to do things the right way. But when you are arrested for, or you are pulled over for, not putting on your turn signal, there's something wrong there.
    "Many people make right turns without putting on their turn signals and it's unfortunate that we've had a guy that's pulled over for not putting on his turn signal."Lewis did not return a phone message from The Post Wednesday evening seeking further comment.
    Officers from the Cincinnati police public information office were not available for comment Wednesday evening.
    People from Ohio never use theier turn signals anyway.
    Is this idiot for real? Using or not using a turn signal is somewhat different from what I remember Lewis' & the Bengals rap sheet problems. LOL
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Cry me a ****ing river Lewis!!!!! Once his players set a track record for being up to no good, hell yeah the cops will be keeping a more watchful eye on them. To protect and serve *******!!!
    EXACTLY!!!!! (This would be a good time for rep!)

lol NO **** MARVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

House of Steel
    OH BOOHOO Marvin!!! All I got to say is, QUIT YOUR DAMN WHINING and SHUT UP!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I used to have so much respect for Marvin but the dude has turned into as a big a cry baby as his players ! Get over yourself dude, your players are a bunch of misfit ****ups and now you cry the blues because they keep screwing up !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Lewis is 2 steppin now...LMAO!!!

Marvin Lewis has apologized for comments he made on Dan Patrick's ESPN radio show about Cincinnati police possibly profiling his players.
    "Yesterday, I gave a radio interview and made some comments that did not illustrate the high regard I have for the Cincinnati Police Department," Lewis said in a statement released by the team, which has been plagued by run-ins with the law. "I apologize that what I said did not reflect my true feelings."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2881996

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

House of Steel
    Will the real Marvin Lewis, Please Stand Up? BANG!!!

I wonder when Chris Henry was pulled over... if I had to take a guess between the hours of 6 am and 6 pm, there are a heck of a lot of people making right turns without signaling. Between 6 pm and 6 am, there are less people on the road, so it's easier to see someone failling to signal and easier to justify pulling them over.

If there was a SUV or sports car (I bet Chris Henry doesn't drive a Yaris) doing something illegal (failling to signal in this case) at midnight or 3 am, I'd pull them over too. And if I was in Cincy, I wouldn't be surprised to find a Bengal in the car.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

Thread Information