Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: power or finese, you decide

Bookmark and Share
    Dieselman posted.
    Get used to it bro Thats what makes SA a cool place to be. These threads will take you to places you've never been and really make you think. A lot of knowledgable Steeler fans here, including yourself. Nice posts by the way.

Thanks mate, I used to be a member of Mac and wife ( other steeler fan site ) but quickly found out that you need a flack jacket to be prepared for a ton of abuse if you want to have a conversation with someone.

It's great to be able to have an adult conversation here on SA with other likeminded knowledgable steeler fans and not get sworn at for sometimes having a slightly different opinion to someone else.
    I appreciate it cos here in england talking american football to anyone here is few and far between.

This site rocks!!! It's much cooler than any other steeler fan site i've been to. Top banana guys ( english saying ) , your the best.
    Last edited by Blitzburghpete; 05-27-2007 at 03:56 AM.

lol top banana to you too

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's the new SA catch phrase !

Top Banana to you all !!

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Who'd have ever thought we'd hear those words (Black@Gold Forever32: Its just so hard to win a Super Bowl being just a power team in today's NFL anymore)...that's all we ever were for the last 15 years. I'm not sure I'll know what to do with an actual balanced offense
    To be completely fair, if I'm not mistaken, since 1993 no teams have had less losses then the Steelers (because of the tie against at Atlanta, it's not more wins). And yet, there's only 2 Super Bowl appearances in that stretch. While teams like the Broncos, Packers, Patriots, Cowboys, and Bills have had the same or more appearances.

With the Steelers 1 victory, they've got less Super Bowl wins since 1993 than the Patriots, Cowboys, and Broncos in that same stretch (Bills 0-2, Packers 1-1).

So there must be some disconnect between being able to win (beat anybody at any given time) and being able to win champsionships (beat everybody).

Winning a Super Bowl has never been easy. Winning a Super Bowl one-dimensionally has never been harder.

And yes, I've noticed that I can make counterpoints without having to explain that I'm not trying to , that I just like intelligent conversation--it's how I learn. Futhermore: top banana. That is all.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Nice conversation by the way....This is the type of of conversation I like. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    ...Thats what makes SA a cool place to be. These threads will take you to places you've never been and really make you think. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    ......It's great to be able to have an adult conversation here ...and not get sworn at for sometimes having a slightly different opinion to someone else.
    Well said all! It takes adults to be able to have differing opinions without acting like tantrum throwing 2 year olds about it.

It's rare for things to get out of hand on this site--it's why it's the only Steeler site I've stuck with. Even on the rare occasions when tempers flare from the generally "cool tempered" members, it doesn't last long, and things are smoothed over fairly quickly.

And let's face it, there's always gonna be one or two members on every site who just don't know HOW to talk sensibly when someone doesn't agree with them. I, (for one) just won't get into a good debate with them, because it just never works out (what I would term) successfully. And it doesn't take long to discover exactly which members are like that

THIS thread has been great because differing opinion have been offered, discussed, mulled over, thought about, and expounded on without anyone acting like a child, throwing a tantrum, or acting like an idiot--THAT is great debate--THAT is success!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So there must be some disconnect between being able to win (beat anybody at any given time) and being able to win champsionships (beat everybody).
    That disconnect is what we've struggled with during the whole Cowher era. We've been as successful as we could ask for in the regular season usually but when it came to the playoffs it's like something just clicked and all the flaws that were seemingly hidden were exposed each and every time. Whether it was a sub par return game, coverage units, inexperienced QB, poor secondary play or whatever we found out that we weren't as dominant as we thought we were when push came to shove.

Im looking for all that to change in this new era with Tomlin. More focus, more attention to detail, and just generally more emphasis on the fundamentals and we can really step it back up to where we are in contention every year and able to get over the hump in the playoffs with more regularity.

hehe if nothing else i've introduced you all to "Top banana" hehe

House of Steel
    Blitzburgh Pete and I are former Mac and Wife brothers. We go back about two years. I've known Pete all that time and he is truly through thick and thin one of the best friends I could ever made at mac and wife. He is a true friend unlike the rest of them over there. A very few are elite in my book.

I am just glad everyone here has accepted him with open arms and gratitude. I told him about this place and I can tell he has found a new home.

POWER FOOTBALL IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

TOP BANANA TO YOU TOO!!!!

Thread Information