Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with Jerome ??? More critical comments from the Bus

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    smh, you make rules and can't even follow them lol......well this is what on the post i put that should be deleted not locked lol

well f'k you too lol..this fat *** almost single handedly lost us the colts game and then he stirs **** up with cowher, and now this. i think he hates the steelers lol.....and i think he's giving himself a little way to much credit. we didn't win because of him, he didn't really do anything. leadership can only take you so far.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    He is an accouners now he cant favor anyone

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    tell that to the ppl on espn....them usc ppl are the most bias motherf'kers i've ever seen in my life. i almost forgot ut was playing in the national championship too the way them fools were slobbering all over the trojans nuts.......and bradshaw favors the steelers from what i've seen. bettis is just a closet steeler hater. and he's an analyst not an announcer
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

You guys know him better, but Bettis seems like a guy who doesn't do things half *** once he puts his mind to it. He seems very serious about making a career as a broadcaster. Right or wrong, one way to garner respect in the media/journalism world is to publicly criticize an instituition or person that conventional wisdom would assume that you would be biased towards. People will tend to think the person really is unbiased and it builds a rep towards being a person who tells it like it is.

I wonder if Bettis got some advice to raise eyebrows by unexpectedly laying into the Steelers to jumpstart his career and reputation as a journalist. I think he has to be very careful though and not push it any more. If he takes it too far, he'll not only lose the respect of Steeler fans but even people who hate the Steelers. Nobody on either side of an issue respects a turncoat.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 09-01-2006 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    You guys know him better, but Bettis seems like a guy who doesn't do things half *** once he puts his mind to it. He seems very serious about making a career as a broadcaster. Right or wrong, one way to garner respect in the media/journalism world is to publicly criticize an instituition or person that conventional wisdom would assume that you would be biased towards. People will tend to think the person really is unbiased and it builds a rep towards being a person who tells it like it is.

I wonder if Bettis got some advice raise eyebrows by unexpectedly laying into the Steelers to jumpstart his career and reputation as a journalist. I think he has to be very careful though and not push it any more. If he takes it too far, he'll not only lose the respect of Steeler fans but even people who hate the Steelers. Nobody on either side of an issue repsects a turncoat.
    So would you say that because what he is doing right now, his reputation is actually starting to become more reputable than a Chris Collinsworth, Boomer E., or Shannon Sharpe since they are afraid to knock the teams they played for at one time?

That's really a valid point you brought up Hawk!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer

I wonder if Bettis got some advice to raise eyebrows by unexpectedly laying into the Steelers to jumpstart his career and reputation as a journalist. I think he has to be very careful though and not push it any more. If he takes it too far, he'll not only lose the respect of Steeler fans but even people who hate the Steelers. Nobody on either side of an issue respects a turncoat.
    That's a good observation and it's entirely possible that he's really just trying to gain the interest in not only the new network taking over NFL coverage again but also in himself for future opportunities. I just have an issue with a guy that has been so popular to the city and the fans, let alone his team mates and coaches that he's all of sudden slowly become a doubter and criticizer instead of just staying status quo on the subject atleast. Again just seems to me that he's compromising everything he stood for all this time but I could be wrong....

Thread Information