Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LG in 2008?...

Bookmark and Share

LG in 2008?...

If Alan Faneca leaves as suspected there will be a big hole in the line to fill. They could move some guys around, or take a gaurd early in the draft. Here are some names to watch.

1. Will Arnold, OG, Louisiana State, 6'4, 319
    2. Jordan Grimes, OG, Purdue, 6'3, 325
    3. Shannon Tevaga, OG, UCLA, 6'3, 316
    4. Andrew Crummey, OG, Maryland, 6'5, 301
    5. Adam Kraus, OG, Michigan, 6'6, 297
    6. Drew Miller, OG, Florida, 6'5, 304
    7. Kirk Elder, OG, Texas A&M, 6'5, 307
    8. Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon State, 6'4, 317
    9. Tad Miller, OG, Boise State, 6'4, 296
    10. Robert Felton, OG, Arkansas, 6'4, 328

link: http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=23

well, there is no guards with a first round label imo, guards and centers are usually not taken in the first although there are exception, most recently nick mangold. these guys are not really "big" names thus far, that could change around draft time but its obviously an issue that needs to be addressed. At least faneca is giving it his all this season, thats huge

Yeah, this site has the top gaurd going 29th... but a lot is gonna change from now until draft day.

Hope we are drafting 32nd

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You always can find great value at OG/C in the draft.....I actually think the Steelers should try to find a true LT......I think Marvell Smith does a solid job but he is better suited at RT and thats were he started in the NFL...Only moved to LT after Wayne Gandy left....I'm not saying start a rookie right away at LT.....But start him at RT then when he is comfortable then put him at LT......Then you can move Willie Colon to OG....Which some say he is better suited for........

But I see them drafting an OG for replacing Alan Faneca....I just rather try to find a LT.....

it's never to early to prepare for the future!

there really isnt any "alan fanecas" this year, theres really only 2 tackles with first round grades. Jake Long and Sam Baker, so the second round should be stacked with quality olinemen......if we get baker or long we have a problem lol, we shouldnt be drafting that high no matter what

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    there really isnt any "alan fanecas" this year, theres really only 2 tackles with first round grades. Jake Long and Sam Baker, so the second round should be stacked with quality olinemen......if we get baker or long we have a problem lol, we shouldnt be drafting that high no matter what
    I know the Steelers don't have a shot at Long or Baker Train...But there is another OT in this draft.....His name slips my mind right now but he should be there in the mid to late first round...... Plus who knows what underclassman will enter the draft?

I like Marvel Smith at LT...But I think the Steelers could use a more athletic LT and then move Smith back to RT were he first started...Of course I wouldn't put a rookie from the start at LT.....Maybe his first season in the NFL play the rook at RT.....

I don't mind Colon at RT at all trust me....But I think a true LT would make the entire Steelers Oline better.....In my opinion I think Colon could replace Faneca at LG no problem.....

lol musical lineman

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol musical lineman
    No I'm not suggesting musical lineman....I'm only suggesting the Steelers drafting a LT but at first start him off at RT until he gets his feet wet in the NFL.....Then when he is ready move him to LT then put Smith back at RT were he his better suited.....Then you can plug Colon in Faneca's LG spot...I think Willie Colon can be a great OG in the NFL...He has the perfect frame for an OG and the attitude....

Let me hear your thoughts instead of a lame *** response....

Thread Information