Thread: ' Pro Bowl KR arrested after hitting woman

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

' Pro Bowl KR arrested after hitting woman

' Pro Bowl KR arrested after hitting woman
    Miller arrested for assault at nightclub

Associated Press
    Posted: 2 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Jets kick returner Justin Miller was arrested early Sunday and charged with third-degree assault after a fight at a New York City nightclub.

"I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," the cornerback said in a statement released by the team Sunday night.
    "I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that I have an obligation to behave in a manner that reflects the privilege I have been given."
    ESPN.com reported Sunday night that the 23-year-old Pro Bowl returner was arrested after allegedly punching a woman in a nightclub. He was apprehended following a police chase at 4:20 a.m. According to the report, police said Miller swung at a man, but hit the woman when the man ducked out of the way.
    In light of the NFL's new conduct policy, the Jets have already notified the commissioner's office of the situation.
    "We expect our players to adhere to the highest standards of conduct off the field and take any allegation of personal misconduct very seriously," the team said in a statement. "Until we've had an opportunity to review all the facts, we will refrain from further comment."
    The speedy Miller was selected for his first Pro Bowl last season, his second in the NFL, after leading the league with 28.3 yards per kickoff return. He returned two kickoffs for touchdowns: a team record 103-yarder in Week 4 against Indianapolis, and a 99-yarder four weeks later at Cleveland. He also had 52 tackles, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries while playing right cornerback. This is not Miller's first brush with the law. He was considered a potential first-round pick in 2005, but his stock fell when he was arrested for disorderly conduct a week before the draft. The Jets selected him out of Clemson in the second round with the 57th pick.

House of Steel
    Oh here we go, The Jets want to copy the Bungholes? When is this **** going to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Oh here we go, The Jets want to copy the Bungholes? When is this **** going to stop?
    we may never know.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

I dunno this one made me speechless

House of Steel
    It is beyond speechless. I am going to say this now, the NFL got a serious problem with their players and their conduct. I swear Goodell needs to slam his feet down and get to the bottom of this violence and criminal BS. I am getting livid with all this BS going on. IT IS AN EMBRASSMENT FOR THE LEAGUE!!! This is not how we display professionalism in sports.

so you guys that have played football....you know you read they are conditioned to violence at a young age....taught that maybe they are above things....is the case or is it not a reflection on football as much as society in general?

It's definitely society as a whole, Deb. But being an athlete also means that you don't have to "grow up" and be responsible a lot of the time. Being an athlete just compounds the problem that already exists.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

I guess all these guys getting themselves in trouble are looking for some unpaid vacation time so they can all go on a trip with Henry and PacMan!

I dont think we can blame it on athletics or football in general, look at the number of players and then the incicents usually stem from a select few and a lot from one team, which tells me there is an issue with that team and the way that the conduct themselves. You dont hear of these issues with all athletes or football players so if it was the game then it would be more rampant

House of Steel
    It is society in general, Deb. When I was an athlete in my better healthy days, I lived up to the standards of professionalism and respect. I always honored my fans and always lived up to the standards of what an athlete should be. There are some people and fans that do look up to you when you play an sport. It is common sense anymore, of course, some of the players in the NFL lack common sense anymore.

Thread Information